Need your help to fight against bad service of a company

Go to solution Solved by ricksteendam1,
7 minutes ago, iamkajla said:

Thank You for your response. Really appreciate. Will try to get in touch with store and see if they help.

Is there any software to test vram? I would like to check before I tell those peasants working at a service center.

yes try and launch a game as soon as it starts loading in textures what will be 6gb only if one or more chips came lose it would not have those 6gb of vram to loud in the textures so it will crash. benchmarks, on the other hand, will mostly not load in as many textures as a game so the card will still be fine. 

Hi,

I have approximately 2.5 years old PC build and I am using a 980ti in my PC. Everything was working great so far but from last 2 months I am facing issue with my graphics card. My PC crashes as soon as I play any graphic intensive game. I tried using a different graphics card (980ti installed on my other PC) on my this PC and games worked without any problem. I used faulty graphics card on other PC, and I faced same crashing issue. This clearly shows that graphics card is not working properly.

I ran a few benchmark tests using furmark and my faulty card didn't crash but when I play any game, my PC crashes (I see a blank screen and to use PC again, I must forcefully shutdown the PC). I submitted my card for RMA and service center returned it without fixing it.

I contacted service center to ask if they repaired the card and they said that they ran benchmark tests using furmark and card didn't replicate the mentioned issue. As mentioned previously, even I do not face issues while running benchmark tests using furmark. They are saying card is perfect if it doesn't crash while testing using furmark. Basically, I am now stuck with a graphic card which can only perform in benchmark tests.

So, my question is, can a company use your software to prove if a card is faulty or not? These service guys do not have any tech knowledge at all and they just keep saying that they did benchmark test and card is alright. So, can a company make such a statement based of benchmark tests done using furmark? I am going to send them a legal notice and your response would really help.

Thanks!

did you tell them that the GPU was only crashing in games and not furmark?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

did you tell them that the GPU was only crashing in games and not furmark?

Yes, I told them multiple times. I sent my card twice for RMA. They always return it by saying that they ran benchmark test and everything is alright. Service centers of this particular company are really bad. While talking with one of the guy at service center I felt as if I am talking with someone with no knowledge of tech or graphics card. 

sounds like a memory chip has come loose, what is the brand of the manufacturer of your GPU? 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

sounds like a memory chip has come loose, what is the brand of the manufacturer of your GPU? 

Gigabyte.

2 minutes ago, iamkajla said:

Gigabyte.

and what is the country you purchased the GPU?

1 minute ago, ricksteendam1 said:

and what is the country you purchased the GPU?

India

does the store where you bought the card still exist? 

1 minute ago, ricksteendam1 said:

does the store where you bought the card still exist? 

Yes.

then I would try to get the warranty from them, I don't know Indian consumer laws. but I think think that would be your best shot. if the won't provide warranty I would send it back again to gigabitye but then ask them especially to test the vram. as this sounds like that's the problem.

5 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

then I would try to get the warranty from them, I don't know Indian consumer laws. but I think think that would be your best shot. if the won't provide warranty I would send it back again to gigabitye but then ask them especially to test the vram. as this sounds like that's the problem.

Thank You for your response. Really appreciate. Will try to get in touch with store and see if they help.

Is there any software to test vram? I would like to check before I tell those peasants working at a service center.

yes try and launch a game as soon as it starts loading in textures what will be 6gb only if one or more chips came lose it would not have those 6gb of vram to loud in the textures so it will crash. benchmarks, on the other hand, will mostly not load in as many textures as a game so the card will still be fine. 

1 hour ago, ricksteendam1 said:

ye try and launch a game as soon as it starts loading in textures what will be 6gb only if one or more chips came lose it would not have those 6gb of vram to loud in the textures so it will crash. benchmarks, on the other hand, will mostly not load in as many textures as a game so the card will still be fine. 

Oh dude!! You are the best. You are absolutely right. Its vram. Benchmark software is hardly using 300MB  Whereas game crashes after hitting 1500MB VRAM. 

I doubt the place where you got it from will be of any help. What you have to do is contact Gigabyte and demand a replacement, where you prove this card is defective by telling them you tested out on 2 different computers and it's producing the same problem, and you have another 980Ti and it works totally fine.

Write the serial number down before sending it out, so that way when you get it back, a different serial number means a replacement card.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

28 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

I doubt the place where you got it from will be of any help. What you have to do is contact Gigabyte and demand a replacement, where you prove this card is defective by telling them you tested out on 2 different computers and it's producing the same problem, and you have another 980Ti and it works totally fine.

Write the serial number down before sending it out, so that way when you get it back, a different serial number means a replacement card.

I did that but every time they say the same thing, we tested your card (using benchmark) and it is working fine. 

I noted down the serial number. But replacement card won't come in company packaging or with any seal by company to show its a replacement? Do they just send any card? Isn't it supposed to be new or something?

I did that but every time they say the same thing, we tested your card (using benchmark) and it is working fine. 

I noted down the serial number. But replacement card won't come in company packaging or with any seal by company to show its a replacement? Do they just send any card? Isn't it supposed to be new or something?

You told them you tested out on another computer and also tried another 980Ti and it works fine. The replacement card will just come in a plain brown box or some type of packaging and will have a different serial number. The 980Ti isn't new anymore so the card you get, most likely won't be brand new.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list