Monitor Wall Mount or Monitor Stand for Triple Monitor Setup

Tha Joker

So title says it all. I'm currently looking for a Triple Monitor stand that can hold all 3 of my 24" Asus VG248QE's. BUT I am very picky because I DO NOT want any bending or tilting down. They need to be perfectly straight. Which is why my next option I'm trying to learn towards. I have no problem drilling the monitors into the wall with a wall mount. For me money is no option, but I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews and I can't seem to find something that will work.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to send me them!

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

What do you mean you need your monitor to be perfectly straight?  Are you looking to mount all 3 monitors horizontally?

I do have 3 monitors, to be exact 4 monitors but they are all different sizes.  Here's how I mounted mine.

The vertically mounted monitors are mounted using two different desk mounts and the 3rd monitor on the right is mounted using a spring arm wall mount.

IMG_20180528_003601.thumb.jpg.8b02e82adffd2be2c53326fbcfebeb29.jpg

Just now, beyonddc said:

What do you mean you need your monitor to be perfectly straight?  Are you looking to mount all 3 monitors horizontally?

I do have 3 monitors, to be exact 4 monitors but they are all different sizes.  Here's how I mounted mine.

The vertically mounted monitors are mounted using two different desk mounts and the 3rd monitor on the right is mounted using a spring arm wall mount.

IMG_20180528_003601.thumb.jpg.8b02e82adffd2be2c53326fbcfebeb29.jpg

I should have been a little more specific. Yes all vertical mounted, but I don't want them have any tilt to them. I've read a lot of people buying stuff that it tends to tilt downwards a little. So the metal needs to be strong.

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

I don't have an answer, but I have some insight.

I previously had dual monitors, one ultrawide one regular each on different monitor arms and to your point of no bending or tilting down........ they are inherently tricky to adjust.  When you tilt it up and tighten the tension only to let it down and it doesn't sit where you want....... so annoying.  Then you get the tilt correct and adjust it another way and it's off again.  It's just a huge headache.  However even on two different arms with two drastically different (while still same vertical size) monitors you Can get them adjusted properly.

Don't know if that was useful but that was my experience.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

1 minute ago, Psittac said:

I don't have an answer, but I have some insight.

I previously had dual monitors, one ultrawide one regular each on different monitor arms and to your point of no bending or tilting down........ they are inherently tricky to adjust.  When you tilt it up and tighten the tension only to let it down and it doesn't sit where you want....... so annoying.  Then you get the tilt correct and adjust it another way and it's off again.  It's just a huge headache.  However even on two different arms with two drastically different (while still same vertical size) monitors you Can get them adjusted properly.

Don't know if that was useful but that was my experience.

Yea I wanted to have 3 separate wall mount arms so the weight isn't pulling anything down.

Personal Computer Build:

1 minute ago, Tha Joker said:

I should have been a little more specific. Yes all vertical mounted, but I don't want them have any tilt to them. I've read a lot of people buying stuff that it tends to tilt downwards a little. So the metal needs to be strong.

The tilt can be adjusted and will stay in place after enough tweeking, it's just a pita to get it right.  There are screws you can tighten and once adjusted it will stay

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

Just now, Psittac said:

The tilt can be adjusted and will stay in place after enough tweeking, it's just a pita to get it right.  There are screws you can tighten and once adjusted it will stay

Yup, just looking for some good quality metal and mounts.

Personal Computer Build:

Just now, Tha Joker said:

Yea I wanted to have 3 separate wall mount arms so the weight isn't pulling anything down.

They will sit perfectly after enough tinkering, if you use three separate spring mounted arms, assuming a landscape setup with a desk large enough.  It's just a headache to adjust them and if you need to move them it starts over

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

1 minute ago, Psittac said:

They will sit perfectly after enough tinkering, if you use three separate spring mounted arms, assuming a landscape setup with a desk large enough.  It's just a headache to adjust them and if you need to move them it starts over

Yea, I'm going to give a try. Since I do have a TV just about 7 inches above my setup now. If I can get that seamless that would be great.

Personal Computer Build:

I never had any problem with tilting.  If it tilted downward, you just need to adjust the tension to make it tighter.

I have only dealt with two brands of monitor mount and they are Fleximount and Vivo.  Both worked fine for me.

Now about wall mount versus desk mount, if you have plan to move to an adjustable stand-up desk eventually or you have plan to move your table to different location then I would suggest desk mount otherwise wall mount is good.

EXCEPT that for wall mount, you need to install the wall mount to the stud, not just on dry wall so install location of the wall mount can be limited.

I;ll check those brands out. Since the TV is right above it I know where the studs are. I appreciate the insight everyone. :)

Personal Computer Build:

In case you are interested, here's how I mounted all my monitors.

The tall pole desk mount is from Vivo

The regular desk mount is from Fleximount

The wall mount is from Vivo.

IMG_20180603_021332.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:16 AM, beyonddc said:

In case you are interested, here's how I mounted all my monitors.

The tall pole desk mount is from Vivo

The regular desk mount is from Fleximount

The wall mount is from Vivo.

IMG_20180603_021332.jpg

Nice computer overlord setup!  We're glad our mounts could help with that. :)