Anti-lag in 2024

EdoTensei

Can I ask you guys if there's any at all advantage of using Anti-Lag, especially when I play at 60fps games ? 

I asking because it's automatically enabled when I set HYPR-RX Eco, which doesn't make sens, or at least imo. 

Also it can cause stuttering in games ? Or like reflex help to reduce them in some scenarios. ? 

1 hour ago, EdoTensei said:

Can I ask you guys if there's any at all advantage of using Anti-Lag, especially when I play at 60fps games ? 

I asking because it's automatically enabled when I set HYPR-RX Eco, which doesn't make sens, or at least imo. 

Also it can cause stuttering in games ? Or like reflex help to reduce them in some scenarios. ? 

Anti-Lag ensures the CPU adds tasks at a pace the GPU can handle, preventing the queue frames from building up. This reduces latency, making the system more responsive.

In GPU-limited scenarios (60FPS), Anti-Lag has a bigger impact, reducing latency by up to 32ms. In CPU-limited scenarios (200FPS), the benefit is smaller (5ms), but still helpful.

By controlling the pace of the CPU, Anti-Lag trades off a small potential decrease in FPS for a more significant reduction in input lag,  Without Anti-Lag, the CPU might add too many tasks too quickly, causing a backlog of frames. This leads to delayed processing and higher latency.