Savage Jerky - Nonresponsive CS, order not shipped.

Name of Brand: Savage Jerky

Description of your issue: I placed an order on June 2nd (#110680) mod delete # if needed, and the order is still showing pre-shipment on USPS tracking.

Have you tried solving your issue through the brand's customer support channel? If so, what was the result? I attempted to email them directly to info@savagejerky.com and from their contact us location on their website. I have not received any response from them. I did check my spam folder. 

What would an ideal resolution of your issue look like? For them to tell me what is going on, respond to my emails, anything to let me know they are still alive. I can live with my order delayed, lost in shipping, or even gave me the wrong tracking number, but no delivery, and complete silence is not acceptable. and I am fully aware USPS shipping to my area has a horrible track record.

Hey there,

I've forwarded this thread to our Savage Jerky contact. You'll hopefully receive an email soon; if you don't, please let me know.

Thanks,

I received a reply from a rep named Michelle, mod delete if I shouldn't disclose name,

They refunded my order. I would have liked to try the product.

Hopefully they find the break in where the communication failed, and can get this resolved for future customers.

1 hour ago, PM1 said:

I received a reply from a rep named Michelle, mod delete if I shouldn't disclose name,

Hopefully they find the break in where the communication failed, and can get this resolved for future customers.

so they didnt even try to get the product in your hands? 

1 hour ago, Haredeenee said:

so they didnt even try to get the product in your hands? 

A refund makes more sense. OP can try again with an order if they'd like or just keep the money if they don't want to deal with it. This way, they have both options.

20 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

A refund makes more sense. OP can try again with an order if they'd like or just keep the money if they don't want to deal with it. This way, they have both options.

After actually reading OP's comments, he never asked for or hinted at wanting a refund

On 6/20/2024 at 4:40 PM, PM1 said:

What would an ideal resolution of your issue look like? For them to tell me what is going on, respond to my emails, anything to let me know they are still alive. I can live with my order delayed, lost in shipping, or even gave me the wrong tracking number, but no delivery, and complete silence is not acceptable. and I am fully aware USPS shipping to my area has a horrible track record.

They shoulda pushed for a resend, or at the very least communicated with him what happened to his original order. Throwing his money back at him seems lazy. 

On 6/21/2024 at 8:00 PM, Haredeenee said:

After actually reading OP's comments, he never asked for or hinted at wanting a refund

There's not much a company can do if a package gets lost in shipping outside of sending another shipment, which now OP has the choice of doing or not doing, rather than only having one option. After having a negative experience, it's nice to have the option to take your money and run rather than only having the option of waiting longer. If they'd like to, it'll take OP three minutes to put in another order.

4 minutes ago, LMGcommunity said:

There's not much a company can do if a package gets lost in shipping outside of sending another shipment, which now OP has the choice of doing or not doing, rather than only having one option. After having a negative experience, it's nice to have the option to take your money and run rather than only having the option of waiting longer. If they'd like to, it'll take OP three minutes to put in another order.

Or they can have SOME semblance of customer service and talk to the customer about their previous order and how it failed to reach and them and possibly send freebies, and refund and no expectation for a reorder but they'd be happy to have them as a customer.

Its so corporate to just go, 'oi quit complaining here's your money back' 

16 minutes ago, Haredeenee said:

Or they can have SOME semblance of customer service and talk to the customer about their previous order and how it failed to reach and them and possibly send freebies, and refund and no expectation for a reorder but they'd be happy to have them as a customer.

This is just speculation, as we don't know how their interaction went, but receiving a refund is an acceptable outcome, and anything beyond would've been just that. Appreciated, but not required. OP even mentioned that USPS has a terrible track record when shipping to their location. Savage Jerky can't reform USPS.

OP needing to reach out to us to receive a response from Savage Jerky isn't ideal, and we've noted it if there are similar cases in the future.

3 minutes ago, LMGcommunity said:

This is just speculation, as we don't know how their interaction went, but receiving a refund is an acceptable outcome, and anything beyond would've been just that. Appreciated, but not required. OP even mentioned that USPS has a terrible track record when shipping to their location. Savage Jerky can't reform USPS.

OP needing to reach out to us to receive a response from Savage Jerky isn't ideal, and we've noted it if there are similar cases in the future.

I feel like we are not reading the same thread here 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:54 PM, PM1 said:

He outright says he wants the product!

1 minute ago, LMGcommunity said:

With a refund, he's able to try again. Or not! That's the beauty of a refund.

sure, but its incredibly lazy compared to actually providing customer service. Its transactional and nothing else. 

they sent me a refund without asking me what i wanted to do, i did mention that i wanted to try the product, but i didn't get any reply (yet)

if they ship me anything i will update here.

as of this moment i do not want to put in another order because of being ignored and not getting any reply until i came here to complain.

i dont consider ignoring your customers emails an appropriate business choice.

16 hours ago, PM1 said:

they sent me a refund without asking me what i wanted to do, i did mention that i wanted to try the product, but i didn't get any reply (yet)

if they ship me anything i will update here.

as of this moment i do not want to put in another order because of being ignored and not getting any reply until i came here to complain.

i dont consider ignoring your customers emails an appropriate business choice.

Would you be open to sharing the email with names redacted? 

I'm guessing it was something dry like; "Hello PM1 we are sorry to hear you didn't get your jerky, we have processed a full refund have a nice day" 

I'm going to lock this thread as Savage Jerky has provided a refund. I don't feel that further discussion is needed around their email.

PM1, if you have any further issues, please DM me.