Pubg sues fortnite

8 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Can you name what those games were? Player Unknown (the dev) was responsible for about 3 major BR mods/modes before PUBG.

Can you explain the definition of the Battle Royale genre? Because it seems to be a bit more specific than a random spawn FFA deathmatch (without but somethings with respawn?).

Battle royal as a genre Was a (according to you and others) stolen idea from a movie called Battle Royale. Changing zones, randomly found weapons, odds stacked against you etc. were all themes of the movie. hunger games is an iteration on an american revised extended storytale of Battle Royale. Mods of various prolific games used last man standing as a mode and eventually incorporated other factors of Battle Royale/Hunger Games most notably modders inside minecraft.

In conclusion Koushun Takami should sue all the video game fuckers that dare use Battle Royal as a gamemode. Fairs fair right?

I can sue Linus for making silly faces in his video thumbnails.

China could steal pubg and fortnites intellectual property and whats T-man going to do, yeah free world DJT

The thing is with pubG, H1Z1 can just sue them, pubg is more of a copy of h1 them fortnite is of pubg. Its just pubg being cunts bc of the amount of money fortnite is pulling in.

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Can you name what those games were? Player Unknown (the dev) was responsible for about 3 major BR mods/modes before PUBG.

One was The Culling but there was one maybe a month or two before it but cant remember it for the life of me. I just remember watching game play of them. Both battle royale based games released in 2016 but were early access before that. 

19 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

It is kinda obvious since it is a feud, and I believe PUBG considered legal action over this in the past.  This isn't some random case that came out of nowhere.

yeah obviously the only 2 guesses are First they complained Fortnight Used there name to promote them selves then That they coppied. so thats going to be the speculation either of thoese. Regardless they could be suing for anything no one actually knows at this present time. They could have almost no case to win or they could have a solid case again its all speculation at this point.  Either way its like apple suing Samsung both are going to make a shit ton of money regardless and both are 1st and 2nd in there category. 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, spartaman64 said:

Also its interesting that pubg only filed this lawsuit in Korea and not in the US

Curiously, that would make it very difficult to actually force Epyc to pay up, even if Bluehole won the suit.  At worst, Fortnite could get banned in SK, but I doubt that would cause any loss of sleep to Epyc's board members.

all fortnite channels except for pc benchmark channels deserve to have their head put in a bench vise and tightened until their eyes pop out

6 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Curiously, that would make it very difficult to actually force Epyc to pay up, even if Bluehole won the suit.  At worst, Fortnite could get banned in SK, but I doubt that would cause any loss of sleep to Epyc's board members.

Epic's SK marketing is being done by Tencent, which if I remember rightly, Tencent owns Bluehole Ent. That'll be quiet the pickle for them to handle.