Microphone not working & Weird drive being detected

LegoLink
Go to solution Solved by H20Burner,
5 minutes ago, LegoLink said:

I have two problems that occurred after a Windows update yesterday. A random weird drive is being detected on my computer that I did not plug in or install and now none of my microphones are working on any of the ports on my computer.

I continued to delay a Windows update yesterday until eventually just said no and forced me to update so I went to sleep not thinking about it. The next day I found a weird new drive detected on my computer that I did not plug in at any point. I've unplugged all usb ports and tried to disconnect this drive but it wont let me and I keep getting spam notifications from windows explorer telling me that this device is running out of disc space. I've checked multiple microphones on multiple ports and nothing. I know they all work and strangely when I test the device playback THEN my computer recognizes its working on the green bar moves but only if that checkbox is enabled and I still cant use the device in programs like discord, skype, audactiy, etc.

64bit Operating System

GTX 1070
i7-5820K CPU @3.30GHz
Windows 10 Pro
64GB of Ram
SSD 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB

See this is why I stayed on 7. If you can, revert and uninstall the update. What is the letter/name of the drive?

I have two problems that occurred after a Windows update yesterday. A random weird drive is being detected on my computer that I did not plug in or install and now none of my microphones are working on any of the ports on my computer.

I continued to delay a Windows update yesterday until eventually just said no and forced me to update so I went to sleep not thinking about it. The next day I found a weird new drive detected on my computer that I did not plug in at any point. I've unplugged all usb ports and tried to disconnect this drive but it wont let me and I keep getting spam notifications from windows explorer telling me that this device is running out of disc space. I've checked multiple microphones on multiple ports and nothing. I know they all work and strangely when I test the device playback THEN my computer recognizes its working on the green bar moves but only if that checkbox is enabled and I still cant use the device in programs like discord, skype, audactiy, etc.

64bit Operating System

GTX 1070
i7-5820K CPU @3.30GHz
Windows 10 Pro
64GB of Ram

5 minutes ago, LegoLink said:

64bit Operating System

GTX 1070
i7-5820K CPU @3.30GHz
Windows 10 Pro
64GB of Ram

See this is why I stayed on 7. If you can, revert and uninstall the update. What is the letter/name of the drive?

Weird... maybe try updating the drivers for your mic, also install malwarebytes and adw cleaner to see if that fixes the notification errors. Links=https://www.malwarebytes.com/

https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Next lets try to get that drive fixed search in your bottom left and type in create and format hard disk partitions. Find the device in there and see where it is originating from.

Hope this helped ^_^

7 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Lol, windows 10 is better in my opinion. 7 is slowly dying. You realllllllllllly don't want to go back to seven. The only difference is that 10 has more ads and sponsor crap that you have to disable through settings. In reality ten is faster.

1 minute ago, Preferably Anonymous said:

Lol, windows 10 is better in my opinion. 7 is slowly dying. You realllllllllllly don't want to go back to seven. The only difference is that 10 has more ads and sponsor crap that you have to disable through settings. In reality ten is faster.

The basics.

1. 10 is a nsa agent

2. 8 is communist

3.7 is ok

I know 7 is dying, 70% of pcs use it today. Yes, 10 is faster but i'm not going through unstoppable updates and file extension changing just for a 5% speed increase. Just giving you my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

The basics.

1. 10 is a nsa agent

2. 8 is communist

3.7 is ok

I know 7 is dying, 70% of pcs use it today. Yes, 10 is faster but i'm not going through unstoppable updates and file extension changing just for a 5% speed increase. Just giving you my 2 cents.

xD ya I get where you are coming from, have you considered ubuntu? xD Hey, microsoft is doing ok, facebook is in the dumps when it is related to privacy.

3 minutes ago, Preferably Anonymous said:

xD ya I get where you are coming from, have you considered ubuntu? xD Hey, microsoft is doing ok, facebook is in the dumps when it is related to privacy.

Well I chose 7 since it was the best out of a bad situation. I would use linux if everyone supported it. Steam for example, half of their games don't run on it. I would use xp if it wasn't so outdated. 

30 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Thank you god after hours of this stupid tinkering with drivers I just reverted back to the last windows update and boom everything is fixed! No weird Drive E: being detected and all my audio devices are working again. You saved me