Life?

Jv2391

How is everyone doing? Any new things happening in life? Things you're excited about? Things you're looking forward to? New job? New hobby?

I recently started a second MSP job on top of my current one to help buy a motorcycle. Anyone else doing anything stupid? Fun? Crazy? Weird? Interesting?

Finals are boring 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Sylvie05 said:

Finals are boring 

._. I missed the college train so I only remember high school finals which was 11 years ago

1 minute ago, Sylvie05 said:

Finals are boring 

Wondering if im even going to have finals..........

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I just started writing on my master's thesis.

So far AI, copyright law and the phenomenology of creativity can bite me.

The next 6 months are going to be rough.

RIP :( please don't create skynet. Or at least use the contra code as a backdoor to break it?

Just now, Jv2391 said:

RIP :( please don't create skynet. Or at least use the contra code as a backdoor to break it?

Luckily, I'm not writing the code. I'm just studying how it works and how it relates to copyright.

If I was to create SkyNet it wound only be capable of painting.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Did some drifting last week, I had a blast >_<

I won't forget that moment, I almost overheated my car, but it got sorted out.

I thought I'd devoured my clutch, nope I got home with no issue. I might need some new tires soon, going to save more money for it.

Took a lot of pics as well, I'm not a photography type of guy though, so I let my mate took the pics :x

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

7 minutes ago, DimasRMDO said:

Did some drifting last week, I had a blast >_<

I won't forget that moment, I almost overheated my car, but it got sorted out.

I thought I'd devoured my clutch, nope I got home with no issue. I might need some new tires soon, going to save more money for it.

Took a lot of pics as well, I'm not a photography type of guy though, so I let my mate took the pics :x

That's what's up man. What kind of car are you working with?

I just bought the wrong stock, was going to buy "F" aka Ford.... but I bought "FORD" Forward Industries by accident. 

Aside that from that, a typical work day.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2006 RX-8, the car actually needs a lot of work. But hey my patient was running out so.... I took it for a spin, I was willing to take the risk if something went wrong though.

I had fun so, I guess it offset the "stress" I have to face now lol

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

I just bought the wrong stock, was going to buy "F" aka Ford.... but I bought "FORD" Forward Industries by accident. 

Aside that from that, a typical work day.

I thought FORD stood for "F***ers Only Run Downhill"?

hello there!

currently at CC taking classes. but since summer classes are so short, it moves fast. maybe a little too fast, honestly. eventually i'll transfer to uni 

On 5/22/2018 at 10:52 AM, DimasRMDO said:

2006 RX-8, the car actually needs a lot of work. But hey my patient was running out so.... I took it for a spin, I was willing to take the risk if something went wrong though.

I had fun so, I guess it offset the "stress" I have to face now lol

Sometimes you gotta let loose and blow off some steam. Starting to realize that more and more as I get older... I think my motorcycle is my mid life crisis in my late 20's

On 5/22/2018 at 10:52 AM, Technicolors said:

hello there!

currently at CC taking classes. but since summer classes are so short, it moves fast. maybe a little too fast, honestly. eventually i'll transfer to uni 

Good luck man! You got this just buckle down and kiss some ass

1 minute ago, Jv2391 said:

Sometimes you gotta let loose and blow off some steam. Starting to realize that more and more as I get older... I think my motorcycle is my mid life crisis in my late 20's

Pretty cool, sadly I'm not allowed to ride a motorcycle though. I might when the time's right, might save me lots of money compared to maintaining a car.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

2 minutes ago, DimasRMDO said:

Pretty cool, sadly I'm not allowed to ride a motorcycle though. I might when the time's right, might save me lots of money compared to maintaining a car.

I have been trying to get as much info as I can about it. I highly highly recommend the safety course if you ever do because it will make your insurance a little cheaper and it's just good knowledge overall. What I can't figure out is if I need a bigger bike because I am a bigger dude, or if I should stick with a smaller bike and work up to it. I have changed my mind about the topic at least 30 times.

Just now, Jv2391 said:

I have been trying to get as much info as I can about it. I highly highly recommend the safety course if you ever do because it will make your insurance a little cheaper and it's just good knowledge overall. What I can't figure out is if I need a bigger bike because I am a bigger dude, or if I should stick with a smaller bike and work up to it. I have changed my mind about the topic at least 30 times.

Safety's first indeed, I just need a small bike for short trips.

Take your time, it's a long term investment in my opinion.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

7 hours ago, Jv2391 said:

college

No need for College or University in this day in age!

You can make it without it.

There is a very high percentage of people who went, and very quickly ended up in a totally different field. Trades is one, oil patch is another.

New job, first own car, because now it's needed, happy driver/camper =) company is awesome, fixed the audio problems in our local "cinema" club, which gathers once a month with a small buffet on a friday evening to chime into the weekend. (last movie shown was "The Butler")... 

Lending a shoulder here and there, trying to help family and friends... 

Upgraded all machines at home to 1803, installes a new KODI, still need to transfer lots of stuff to the storage on the media server... 

Sometimes on my way to work asking my self why road rage racers do snail turns while they try to race on the straight road... wrrrrooaaaaahhh they go, round a corner at a crossroad eeeeeeeekkk... snail speed that even the granny with her walking aid screams at those to go faster =) 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

27 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Whats up with loud mufflers @Anghammarad

Loud itself... well I like it more the sleeper style... noisy isn't my thing anymore... but the point I was trying to show, those people kiss your trunk, don't keep the safe distance, drive way faster than allowed, and with way faster... I'm usually 10% above the limit, well those are lets say "a little bit faster" ... and when they take over... all is fine, but as soon as they turn left or right at a crossing, they nearly shove their cars by hand around the corner... like they don't know how to corner... that is what puzzles me or annoyes me... before they overtake, speed away, at the next crossing i myself need to do a full stop because going around a corner takes them a few minutes (that is a little exaggerated I know) ...

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

I'm on day 3 of a 72 hour shift. Once I get out of work at 8am, going fishing. Hopefully the tuna come out to play, I want some sushi.

1 hour ago, OlDirtyJohn said:

I'm on day 3 of a 72 hour shift. Once I get out of work at 8am, going fishing. Hopefully the tuna come out to play, I want some sushi.

You gonna take a nap first XD? Is this medical field or what's with the crazy shift? 

That's an F in the profile pic

2 hours ago, OlDirtyJohn said:

72 hours a week you meant right? My parents work such shifts all the time. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I wasted ~8 years with an addiction and I am now in the process of building a better future (enrolled in computer science at age 32). I don´t want to work in my old job. Going through some tough times because all my friends earn good money, have children and/or a wife. Really sucks but I try to only look forward and plan my future.

I really hate university but I have to do it to achieve my goals. I try to finish it as fast as possible.