good slim case fans?

magicammo

hello all im in the need of some slim case fans for my ncase m1 I had some 120mm noctua fans but the fan on my GPU brushed against them and wasnt the best sound to hear.
Im looking for some good 120mm slim fans anyone have any suggestions? I found the Raijintek Aeolus B but there isnt not much info on them

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

2 minutes ago, magicammo said:

hello all im in the need of some slim case fans for my ncase m1 I had some 120mm noctua fans but the fan on my GPU brushed against them and wasnt the best sound to hear.
Im looking for some good 120mm slim fans anyone have any suggestions? I found the Raijintek Aeolus B but there isnt not much info on them

Most slim fans out there aren't that good in terms of performance, Noctua does make a 15mm version of the NF-A12 fans

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a12x15-pwm

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Most slim fans out there aren't that good in terms of performance, Noctua does make a 15mm version of the NF-A12 fans

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a12x15-pwm

yea im aware they dont perform as well. without the fans my gpu sits at a toasty 83c at the max gotta try and bring that down a bit. I had no idea noctua made slim fans lol thanks man

22 minutes ago, magicammo said:

yea im aware they dont perform as well. without the fans my gpu sits at a toasty 83c at the max gotta try and bring that down a bit. I had no idea noctua made slim fans lol thanks man

are you putting them right overtop the GPU fans? chances are they wont make much difference if at all.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

are you putting them right overtop the GPU fans? chances are they wont make much difference if at all.

well they sit below the gpu

You're probably better off removing the graphics card shroud and using 25mm case fans directly on the heatsink like NF-F12's or NF-A12x25's.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You're probably better off removing the graphics card shroud and using 25mm case fans directly on the heatsink like NF-F12's or NF-A12x25's.

Yeah, exactly. The original plan is to have two fans directly behind each other. I guess it would be better to remove the shroud and use one pair of propper fans to bring the air directly to the heatsink.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 4:36 PM, WoodenMarker said:

yea i was thinking of doing that