AKG K550 or Razer Kraken Forged Edition?

So I know this might seem like a silly question but I am looking into both of these headphones. I would also be getting a Aiio e17 DAC for my non-PC listening. I have seen some reviews of both headphones and I am kind of stuck between the two. I would be using them with FLAC format music. %90 of the genre would be hardcore/metal and dubstep. I like a face-punching bass in my music but not to the point it will drown out the sexy highs. (so not completely balanced) 

I know AKG is a beautiful brand and razer is more of a gaming orientation. I am looking for the highest quality sound i can get for 300 bucks but also want something that is made to last as well as doesn't look like complete ass if you know what I mean.

I am looking to you guys to help point me in the right direction. Is AKG the way to go or should i take a chance with Razers first pair of audiophile headphones?

If anyone has used one or the other let me know what you like and dislike about each. Also you can recommend other headphones if you like I'm not partially tied to these two.

Thanks!

Neither, no is built like shit, the other sounds like shit. 

Have you even tried tried them? @G3noxide it sounds like you would like Razer's sound signature and the metal construction is amazing, I would almost take a chance on them. They certainly aren't terrible.

AKG's.. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Have you even tried tried them? @G3noxide it sounds like you would like Razer's sound signature and the metal construction is amazing, I would almost take a chance on them. They certainly aren't terrible.

Hated them, sibilant as fuck. 

Cable was terrible too.

Razer could have done something great with the kraken forged but they didnt so unless you want overpriced headphones with hefty bass id shy away.

Yah I'lI tend to shrug off people like that especially when I ask for specifics. I'm trying to figure out why any of these 2 headphones would be shit??  I love the build quality but I'm worried that will be what I'm paying for.

did you even listen to linus' video on the forged? 

what exactly did he say about the sound? "they sound like rZorS" what does that mean? they put all their time into how it looks and not how it sounds. because RazAr thinks that audiophiles want something that looks good over sound. 

good job Rzr good job

what exactly did he say about the sound? "they sound like rZorS" what does that mean? they put all their time into how it looks and not how it sounds. because RazAr thinks that audiophiles want something that looks good over sound.

good job Rzr good job

I woukd mind as much if it had a mic like on the plantronics gamecom commander or beyerdynamic mmx300 because then it would be a headset not headphones. Also somethung something I noticed from a teardown is that they could fit much bigger drivers in there. Also they could have put at least somewhat less emphasis onnthe bass.

good job Rzr good job

I have never seen someone butcher the spelling of Razer so much in my life. Also you clearly didn't pay attention they focused a lot of the sound and they used their sound signature, that doesn't mean they're shit it just mean they focused more on lows and bass. The build quality is a huge plus in my opinion.

Why the AKG's?

Sorry I didn't elaborate, I have AKG 240's and a pair of their In ears and I love both. They sound great. The 240's are about $130 so they won't sound nearly as good as the $300 ones but they will sound great. Honestly it comes to a point where Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamics and Audio Technica's will all sound great. But I can't speak on the "Kraken Forged" since I've never used them. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

They're both really sexy tho. AKG is obviously the more seasoned audio company so I'd trust them more. 

I have never seen someone butcher the spelling of Razer so much in my life. Also you clearly didn't pay attention they focused a lot of the sound and they used their sound signature, that doesn't mean they're shit it just mean they focused more on lows and bass. The build quality is a huge plus in my opinion.

this was ReYZars first serious foray into the audiophile segment. they branded it as an audiophile class headphone and they stay with the same sound and not improve on it. 

I guess the box it comes in will look pretty at least

this was ReYZars first serious foray into the audiophile segment. they branded it as an audiophile class headphone and they stay with the same sound and not improve on it. 

I guess the box it comes in will look pretty at least

You aren't very well educated are you? There's a difference between sound signatures and the quality it self.

Copious amounts of bass is not a sound signature. Crappy OEM drivers is not a sound signature. Anyone who takes the Kraken Forged seriously is messed up in the brain - they're a cosmetic upgrade, nothing else.

OP, for $300 you have a huge selection of good headphones, don't waste it on something from a peripheral company. The V-Moda M-100 is a good option.

You aren't very well educated are you? There's a difference between sound signatures and the quality it self.

this is true we should all listen to someone with a PHD in sound, Doctor Dre knows best. throw more bass at it.

this is true we should all listen to someone with a PHD in sound, Doctor Dre knows best. throw more bass at it.

Call me Doctor Dongs, PhD in dicks.

Neither, one is built like shit, the other sounds like shit. 

Just like my closed headphone :o , the headband like shit, but the sound is superior and has a wide soundstage.