I decided to check my CPU'S voltage using different programs and with the voltage set to auto in bios and no overclock, still all stock speeds it is setting to 1.4V. Is this normal for a Ryzen 5 1600?? When I did research I found people saying that it should set to around 1.25V - 1.35V. Also is anyone else having this problem??

(edit) I forgot to mention this is at idle and load, it scales from around 1.375 but is most commonly at 1.4 or slightly above.

PC:

CPU:  Intel Core i7 10700k (Currently at 4.7Ghz All Cores) | Motherboard: AsRock Z490 Extreme 4  | RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA | Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P600S  | PSU: Corsair RM850X | Storage: 512GB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Peripherals:

Monitors: Acer XV272UP, 2x Acer KG221Q, HTC Vive Headset  | Keyboard: AFXMK0217 | Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 | Sound: Logitech Z313, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 OHM (Studio) |

Other Inputs:  Saitek X52 Hotas, Steam Controller, XBox One Controller, Valve Index Controllers

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

PC gamer and Hobbyist Electrical Engineer and Full Time Product Engineer

Many boards have been known to be overgenerous withtt voltage on Ryzen, especially with older bioses running. what board is it you have? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Ben Quigley said:

Many boards have been known to be overgenerous withtt voltage on Ryzen, especially with older bioses running. what board is it you have? 

Its the Asus Prime B350 Plus running on the latest bios.

PC:

CPU:  Intel Core i7 10700k (Currently at 4.7Ghz All Cores) | Motherboard: AsRock Z490 Extreme 4  | RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA | Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P600S  | PSU: Corsair RM850X | Storage: 512GB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Peripherals:

Monitors: Acer XV272UP, 2x Acer KG221Q, HTC Vive Headset  | Keyboard: AFXMK0217 | Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 | Sound: Logitech Z313, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 OHM (Studio) |

Other Inputs:  Saitek X52 Hotas, Steam Controller, XBox One Controller, Valve Index Controllers

My 1800x was running at 1.35 volt stock on a Asus crosshair VI extreme board , it is running a mild 4GHz overclock stable on 1.45V. 

Just now, danakahawkeye said:

Its the Asus Prime B350 Plus running on the latest bios.

hmmm interesting, I would 100% undervolt that to 1.25 MAX if you are running at stock man! You can run them up to 1.4V without damage but this will degrade them over time. my 1700 is running at 1.188-1.2V with a 3.75Ghz overclock according to HWinfo. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

The maximum voltage you should ever use on Ryzen 1xxx is 1.425v  

At standard frequencies, out of the box, the voltage shouldn't be more than around 1.35v - 1.38v , some motherboards may bump the voltage up a bit when you're enable overclocking or raising memory frequencies.  More than 1.4v should only be required if you push to reach 4 Ghz or higher on such processors.

The Ryzen 2xxx series is a bit better and doesn't require so high voltage, it should work with less than 1.35v out of the box.

You can try to lower the default voltage and run stability tests and if it's stable lower the voltage a bit more and repeat, it wouldn't hurt anything.

I just went into the bios to try to lower the voltage however I can only set it to offset mode, I have seen on other threads that people have had problems with the offset mode not working right, any idea on how to set it correctly? Sorry not really done anything like this properly before, Especially not on a later bios.

PC:

Peripherals:

I have now been able to lower the voltage to approx 1.29V (it still varies) but my temps still seem quite high (Although decreased) for a thick AIO, I am at 57.8C now after 15 mins in aida 64 stress FPU, should I try to lower it further or is this normal? Im using a H80i V2

PC:

Peripherals:

Modern processors handle temperature much better than previous generations. 57.5c sounds fine to me, especially considering you won't have the cpu running at 100% constantly unless you're doing some heavy video encoding at the same time you're doing other things.

I think the Ryzen 2xxx series throttles itself down at around 80c so unless I'm wrong about that number, I think you should be fine up to around 70c

Does it run like that under full load? It's normal for it to spike that high when boosting

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Modern processors handle temperature much better than previous generations. 57.5c sounds fine to me, especially considering you won't have the cpu running at 100% constantly unless you're doing some heavy video encoding at the same time you're doing other things.

I think the Ryzen 2xxx series throttles itself down at around 80c so unless I'm wrong about that number, I think you should be fine up to around 70c

TJMAX is actually 95C on ryzen

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

It is when it is under full load, thanks for the help everyone.

PC:

Peripherals: