Conflicting warrenty between producer and reseller

3 hours ago, porina said:

Not an expert on UK/EU law, but generally if a product is not performing as expected, the first port of call is the retailer as that is who you have a contract with, not the manufacturer (unless you bought directly).

Which is what I said. As in the US you have to deal with the manufacture. Cause retailers only give a limited time for returns. On top of the fact if you return too many items now, they wont even allow you to return an item. 

The point I made is who you have to deal with and the warranty each provides will be according to the law. The OP doesn't state what jurisdiction they are in so they need to figure out what laws apply. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Which is what I said. As in the US you have to deal with the manufacture. Cause retailers only give a limited time for returns. On top of the fact if you return too many items now, they wont even allow you to return an item. 

The point I made is who you have to deal with and the warranty each provides will be according to the law. The OP doesn't state what jurisdiction they are in so they need to figure out what laws apply. 

I talked to the retailer and they said that the warrenty is 2 years, but as a private costumer I get 5 years of coverage if for example the fans stop working. This might be something specific to this store though or et least specific to Norway.