Dell XPS 9570 review's

So doea anybody know when the different YouTubers start making review's of the Dell XPS 9570 laptop

Just look at 9560 reviews from Notebookcheck and Ultrabookreview. Not much change. Cooling is still a big issue.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Yeah just the new cooling I'm interested in and if I have you put some cooling pads on some of the connectors

It has the same cooling. Nothing new

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, quadkiller said:

is does not have the same cooling

Where did you get this info? 9560 and 9570 has the same cooling solution

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

There are some mentions of cooling issues at ultrabookreview and on the western gents united youtube channel. Both talk about no visible changes - that does not mean no changes. But 6 core cpu's and a new gpu? therefore a new chipset? they probably modified something but that still could mean they ran into the same issues - or decided to not entirely fix them as the target users don't usually put heavy load on for hours. flat notebooks seem to starve sooner related to cooling? Some compromises will usually be in such devices.

The guy on youtube claims the throttling is there but performance wise he does not notice (quite a lengthy video - but looks promising).

The Service Manuals if you want to have a look (assuming Dell updated the pictures...):

Even with thermal throttling at some point I would put it into a cool device section B|

• 2 weeks later...

The main problem with XPS 15 is the VRM cooling and they haven't done anything here, so you are still going to hit those super low clock speeds when you put it under load, because of the VRMs getting too hot.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

well there is broken and there is broken. maybe someone is brave enough to do an ifixit tutorial to improve on it :D

On 15.6.2018 at 9:46 PM, wemu said:

probably since there is not much similar hardware around to compare it to o.O

talking about compare it to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pO7DWIfR6Y - nice summary in that video. same story: xps 15 is a nice device, thermals are an issue.