Any cheap and good heatsink?

bolyai

I need some good, but cheap heatsink for my new build. Could i get links or names?

What's the build?

Hyper 212 evo

Cryorig H7

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Coolermaster hyper 212/EVO. Only downside is for a heatsink it is incredibly tall and may not fit with a side panel installed.

4 minutes ago, bolyai said:

I need some good, but cheap heatsink for my new build. Could i get links or names?

If it's Ryzen, the stock cooler is actually quite good.
If it's Intel, don't use the stock cooler and get a Hyper 212 Evo.

1 minute ago, bolyai said:

@RKRiley Intel i5 8400 with a be quiet! pure rock cooler. 

You should be fine with that cooler, especially since that CPU can't be overclocked.

1 minute ago, bolyai said:

@RKRiley Intel i5 8400 with a be quiet! pure rock cooler. 

that cooler should be planty for a locked chip like the 8400. 

are the temps not good enough?

Be quiet dark rock slim is great with my i5 3570. Very cool temps cheap and looks good and quiet af 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

44 minutes ago, bolyai said:

@RollinLower Can you give me good thermal pastes too?

personally i just use Arctic's MX-2, but only because i got a nice deal on 2 big 30g tubes of the stuff.

MX-4 is a little better i think.

generally speaking, the paste that comes with the cooler is plenty for normal cooling tough, and only when overclocking or using exotic cooling solutions a aftermarket TiM would be needed.

7 hours ago, bolyai said:

@RollinLower Can you give me good thermal pastes too?

The paste included with the cooler is fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Arctic mx-4, Arctic silver 5, IC diamond, thermal grizzly hydronaut/kryonaut, IC diamond graphite thermal pad are all top ranking solutions. Noctua's paste, thermaltake's tg07, bequiet's pastes, most of cooler master's pastes, and phanteks paste are also fine especially for that kind of heatsink on a locked i5 regardless of generation so far.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:38 PM, ZcanKal said:

You should be fine with that cooler, especially since that CPU can't be overclocked.

That cooler is better than most of budget coolers. You'd need to go for midrange to get something actually worth buying.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv