Security issues

JaMGeR

Hello, im not sure where to post this or anything but I really could use some help. I'm looking for an advice about security software or what should we do, as we've been hacked twice in a row in my home. Hacked in the way that somehow on our 3 computers (which I recently formated and reinstalled windows) someone managed to get in and log in on our pcs and got info about our PayPal and also one of the sites were I stored some monero, they stole all of our savings (which we were going to use to leave this freaking country ) and even managed to change PW of one of our emails and fb. Not sure how this happened as those accounts are never opened anywhere else just those computers and our cellphones and no one else uses them. The 3 computers were recently formated as a month ago I found out there was a weird program running on one of them and it was a keylogger which I don't know how it got there.. also we been messaged twice already by some random guy on FB saying stuff like "we are watching you, the system isn't safe anymore" yeah.. creepy ass stuff.. so please.. if anyone has any kind of advice, jokes aside please as I've been busting my ass for years just to have enough to get away from here with my sister and mother and I've just lost everything, I would really appreciate. I got my mail, Outlook and Gmail, also fb all with 2 pass authentication which is why I am impressed they could do this kind of stuff. My sister has it too and she was the one who got PW changed.. can't activate 2pass authentication on PayPal tho as it's not available for some reason on Venezuela.. outrageous.. we started a complain on both sites I mentioned and they refused as they said transaction were made right here on my house which they weren't made by us. And were all sent to the same weirdo who wrote us on FB so.. anyways, thanks in advance in case anyone helps us and for at least reading me. Can't even explain how frustrating this was and writing it helped me a bit to get it out of my sistem.. 

IMG-20180515-WA0002.jpg

Change your passwords on all of these websites, contact your bank to try and get the money back, and install a clean version of Windows off of a USB. A clean copy can be downloaded from the following link only https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

I would avoid using those accounts on the new computer (making sure that the key logger is not installed) and make sure that you aren't going to any risky websites. Also, make sure there is no malware on your phones. That could be the leak too.

Have you gotten any emails from "PayPal" recently about transactions or other stuff you need to verify?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

-= Moved to General Discusssion =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

48 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Have you gotten any emails from "PayPal" recently about transactions or other stuff you need to verify?

Not that I am aware of but now that you bring that up im gonna go ask my sis or mother in case they opened one of those.

51 minutes ago, cflanders said:

Change your passwords on all of these websites, contact your bank to try and get the money back, and install a clean version of Windows off of a USB. A clean copy can be downloaded from the following link only https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

I would avoid using those accounts on the new computer (making sure that the key logger is not installed) and make sure that you aren't going to any risky websites. Also, make sure there is no malware on your phones. That could be the leak too.

do you know any app that could check for malware on my phone? and thanks im gonna go do a clean install on all again just in case.

definitely see if your bank can get the money back, most banks have fraud protection

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

23 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

definitely see if your bank can get the money back, most banks have fraud protection

Yeah but he's in Venezuela.  That place barely HAS banks at this point.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah but he's in Venezuela.  That place barely HAS banks at this point.

that might be a problem, but it's still worth asking

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

The money in the bank wasn't much of an issue as our money is worth dirt right now, it was mostly the fact someone got in and cleaned out PayPal and some other stuff. And here it is I just found out how it was done look at this. Apparently it was done by some random guy from Vietnam... Like if we didn't have enough problems already in here lol.. So no idea how he managed to get the PW of that mail but it makes sense as that's the one where the fb account was linked to and where my sis messaged me one of the PW . I guess it ain't something bout our computers but a much bigger issue 

IMG-20180515-WA0003.jpg

Damn, they’ve got you really good...

I hope everything turns out right for you, your mother and your sister.

4 hours ago, JaMGeR said:

we've been hacked twice in a row

Have you been hacked twice the same way?

3 hours ago, JaMGeR said:

do you know any app that could check for malware on my phone?

Besides doing a clean install of Windows on your computer, I would suggest doing that on your phone too (and any other device for that matter).

26 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Damn, they’ve got you really good...

I hope everything turns out right for you, your mother and your sister.

Have you been hacked twice the same way?

Besides doing a clean install of Windows on your computer, I would suggest doing that on your phone too (and any other device for that matter).

Thanks man. And yeah only that this time there were traces left, the first time there was none at all. Just woke up and bam Paypal all clean up. I'll take ur advice and also try and wipe the phones just in case.

20 minutes ago, TimsTips said:

Make sure any and all banking is only done on one device which only you manage, preferably an Apple device. As long as multiple people have access you will never be able to keep it secure.

Im going to have to try and get one as we have 2 motorolas and a Huawei (the one that had the mail that got hack linked to it, so I guess cannot really trust Huawei lol). 

And get Adblocker and LastPass, with LastPass you are able to set up 2 factor Authentication and you just need to remember your Master password and all other Passwords I would create with the Password generator from LastPass. 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

4 hours ago, Pascal... said:

And get Adblocker and LastPass, with LastPass you are able to set up 2 factor Authentication and you just need to remember your Master password and all other Passwords I would create with the Password generator from LastPass. 

Also I would include Privacy Badger to this, it also tells when sites are snooping and lets you block out individual controls that are snooping. It makes a great addition to ad blocker.

Oh and the free tier of LastPass is a fine starting point.

Thank you all for your advice. Im going to try on LastPass and see how it goes.

Hmm Huawei, I remember reading something bad about them... Spy stuff I think, anyway are you sure the hackers didn't put something on your router??? Do you know how to use linux, good simple ones to use are Ubuntu/Linux mint... Ubuntu https://www.ubuntu.com/ Mint https://linuxmint.com/ AppImage is a great way to use apps. (watch the vid, on site) https://appimage.org/ & don't log in to bank/credit card/paypal or sites like it out of linux... Noscript a firefox addon is good & request policy... I don't trust windows anyway... If you need help with linux, I am sure you can get help here...

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR