AMD TR 2000 series going to be released this year already

Nicnac
54 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

32core threadripper might be a thing. Thing to note however is that there might powerdelivery limitations that might hinder higher core counts. 

One thing to expect above 16 core threadrippers are a very high premium for these, they will also be far as nicely binned as EPYC. They will have to seperate their server skues well. 

If you're going to take the power draw crown you might as well go all in and really take it xD.

Don't think a 32 core TR is worth it though, clocks would be too low for benchmarks/reviews which would only draw criticism regardless of it smashing everything it's actually for.

52 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

They will never make a TR on zen or zen+ that is 32c, they will not have 2 dies with not direct memory attached. who would want 16 of their cores with 10x slower latency?

It would be possible to do it but only with a new generation of motherboards with the DIMM slots rewired and go with a 1 DIMM per channel instead of 2 however that would then also require all TR CPUs to have more active dies otherwise lower end TR SKUs would fall back to dual channel due to the DIMM wiring (unless they can switch like PCIe lane switching?).

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

If you're going to take the power draw crown you might as well go all in and really take it xD.

Don't think a 32 core TR is worth it though, clocks would be too low for benchmarks/reviews which would only draw criticism regardless of it smashing everything it's actually for.

24 Core Threadripper might be considered (even though core count is expected to go up with Zen 2 and 3)

Still the changes in boards and such would render it idiotic. As the only real benefit is PCIe lanes that you could only utilize on a large server-board. 

I think even Noctua would have issue taking on a OC'ed 32 core threadripper without going jet-engine mode. We might see the first 240 mm heatsink. Also i dont think there would be many cases that would fit the beast.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

"I have a bigger CB score than you do", there's one xD.

The CB score race between youtubers as they attempt to cool the die-melter 2950XE

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The CB score race between youtubers as they attempt to cool the die-melter 2950XE

Who knows Intel may give us the 28-core die if AMD goes that route. Oh wait, overclocking that would require jayz' "custom" loop he just made.

The extra boost clock will be nice for TR specially them being more binned dies. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

8 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Who knows Intel may give us the 28-core die if AMD goes that route. Oh wait, overclocking that would require jayz' "custom" loop he just made.

At least they would nolonger need delidding tools and ovens?

16 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Who knows Intel may give us the 28-core die

If intel does that you might aswell just buy an Epyc..........

23 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I'm set for that already, well mostly. I've got 3x EK 480XTX RADs :). Wish he showed off a long term passive test, I run my 2x 290X + 4930K passive all the time while gaming and it will go for hours before needs to turn a fan on.

1 minute ago, hammerfast said:

i just bought a 1900x how sad 

Youve bought yourself into the plattform. The 2900x would have been more expencive anyway. You can do an upgrade woth the last TR4 generation if you want to

1 hour ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yea, maybe just storeMI support on the new chipset

storeMi is already supported on threadripper

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Youve bought yourself into the plattform. The 2900x would have been more expencive anyway. You can do an upgrade woth the last TR4 generation if you want to

Are you serious ? so you're saying TR 2 will work with the same motherboard ??! 

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

If intel does that you might aswell just buy an Epyc..........

Ya but I know I can all core boost the 28 core to 3.2GHz at least.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I'm set for that already, well mostly. I've got 3x EK 480XTX RADs :). Wish he showed off a long term passive test, I run my 2x 290X + 4930K passive all the time while gaming and it will go for hours before needs to turn a fan on.

Now to get a box fan and some duct tape.

so far i'm loving AMD it has far less mambo jambo than the other brand 

How do i keep my melting around heatsink paste if it's going to work on the same motherboard ? ?! 

4 minutes ago, hammerfast said:

Are you serious ? so you're saying TR 2 will work with the same motherboard ??! 

I would assume so. Due to the naming scheme of TR4 and AM4. You might miss out on some features but nothing dealbreaking. If AMD doesnt do it i will and many other will be royaly dissapointed im them

36 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

The 28c XCC die OC'd probably would run into significant thermal transfer issues even on water.

How do i keep my melting around heatsink paste from dripping unto the socket  if it's going to work on the same motherboard ? ?! 

this is my 1900x 

DSC_0011[1].JPG

DSC_0029[1].JPG

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The 28c XCC die OC'd probably would run into significant thermal transfer issues even on water.

while we're at it , my new motherboard is always yellow with the indicator LED , can you help mate ? 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I would assume so. Due to the naming scheme of TR4 and AM4. You might miss out on some features but nothing dealbreaking. If AMD doesnt do it i will and many other will be royaly dissapointed im them

that's great news , so there will be a new chipset for tr 2000 but it will still work on x399 mobos right ?

this is my first AMD and so far it's great 

2 minutes ago, hammerfast said:

while we're at it , my new motherboard is always yellow with the indicator LED , can you help mate ? 

Check the manual.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

Check the manual.

the manual says yellow by itself is a "boot" problem . but i configured the DRAM according to manual and everything else seem to be in place

could it be fan header problem ? cause there aren't many chassis fan connectors and i connected some to other headers 

2 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Price is the only thing that matters imo. I think TR buyers are a very specific target group: either video editors or enthusiasts who know exactly what they are getting. And on the video front TR still dominates so I think this is probably the best high-end part AMD made in quite a while, though it might not be that relevant sales-wise.

Sure, the 9i is the best of the best if you want to do all the things and at once but TR just offers SO much value :) 

Unless those video editors use Premier. Then they use Intel.

;)

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, hammerfast said:

the manual says yellow by itself is a "boot" problem . but i configured the DRAM according to manual and everything else seem to be in place

could it be fan header problem ? cause there aren't many chassis fan connectors and i connected some to other headers 

No clue.