Acer X271HU - Won't go to 144hz

Ketchyiz

Hi,

I am in desperate need of help, I just bought this new monitor and anytime I attempt to go to 144hz it just turns the screen black then resets to what ever it was, in some cases limits it to 24hz after a failed attempt.

I am using a DisplayPort 1.2 Cable, I have tried 2 different ones, I've tried turning off other displays, please help!

Thanks

Refresh rate error.png

If I open a game in fullscreen the screen just turns black for a second then changes it to 24hz and locks it there also

I have 2 780ti's and Ill check that now

7 minutes ago, Ketchyiz said:

I have 2 780ti's and Ill check that now

Just a tip so people know when you reply to them, hit the arrow below their message so they get a notification.

21315086-E1F7-4F3C-8EC1-31537C87C0D8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

Just a tip so people know when you reply to them, hit the arrow below their message so they get a notification.

21315086-E1F7-4F3C-8EC1-31537C87C0D8.jpeg

Ah sorry, havent been on here for awhile

28 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

what graphics card are you using and what driver rev. you have ?

I have two 780ti's and the driver is 23.21.13.9135 or if you want 397.64

1 hour ago, Ketchyiz said:

Hi,

I am in desperate need of help, I just bought this new monitor and anytime I attempt to go to 144hz it just turns the screen black then resets to what ever it was, in some cases limits it to 24hz after a failed attempt.

I am using a DisplayPort 1.2 Cable, I have tried 2 different ones, I've tried turning off other displays, please help!

Thanks

Does 120 Hz work?

8 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Does 120 Hz work?

No, It just flickers a lot then goes back to either 85,60 or 24hz. 

When DisplayPort cannot maintain a stable connection it will revert to lower modes; in this case it is reverting down to DisplayPort 1.1 level (which has a max of 85 Hz at 2560 × 1440). I know you said you tried two cables, but it is most likely that the cable cannot handle DP 1.2 bandwidth, and the system is detecting that and going back to DP 1.1 mode. Longer cables are less likely to handle high bandwidth.

10 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

When DisplayPort cannot maintain a stable connection it will revert to lower modes; in this case it is reverting down to DisplayPort 1.1 level (which has a max of 85 Hz at 2560 × 1440). I know you said you tried two cables, but it is most likely that the cable cannot handle DP 1.2 bandwidth, and the system is detecting that and going back to DP 1.1 mode. Longer cables are less likely to handle high bandwidth.

Ah yes, This maybe the case, it is a 5m cable, Ill move the monitor and try it with the 1m cable it came without the box, that will really annoy me because I replaced the first cable I had with this one and now this ones no good either -.-

27 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

When DisplayPort cannot maintain a stable connection it will revert to lower modes; in this case it is reverting down to DisplayPort 1.1 level (which has a max of 85 Hz at 2560 × 1440). I know you said you tried two cables, but it is most likely that the cable cannot handle DP 1.2 bandwidth, and the system is detecting that and going back to DP 1.1 mode. Longer cables are less likely to handle high bandwidth.

New problem, I have 3 monitors and when I was testing this one I unplugged the other two incase that was the cause, now it will not recognise the predator, it know its there but I cant use or change any settings on it?

Failing monitor 2.PNG

Failing Monitor.PNG

try running it without sli on single card maybe ? I think the problem lays in sli config :)