Extremely high temps on 1950x on moderate overclock?

So for about a year now I've been thinking about building a more modern pc, I've been watching a lot of how-to guides on youtube, reading on the forums and asking people which parts were compatible for my ideal build, and just this month I finally mustered up the courage and resources to build it. I finished my build about 4 days ago and at first I was happy at how it turned out, as I only had a few problems during post and I was able to troubleshoot those problems. (This wasn't the first time I've built a pc, the last actual pc I built before this was back during the good 'ol pentium celeron days :lol:  )

The problems started when I began to overclock it and do some benchmarking. The temperatures are off the charts. When I was running at 4.0ghz with a voltage of 1.3875 I was hitting 94c on tdie while running cinebench (although the score was impressive, the heat took away any sort of joy of achieving it), then after running Real Bench, it literally turned my monitor off as I watched the temps skyrocket on the little lcd screen on my mobo going from 80c to 84c in just under 1 minute. 

SO i decided that maybe 4.0 wasn't for me....though it was able to load it wasn't stable so I decided to lower the clock rate down to 3.8 (which I believe should be very stable to do benchmarking on, according to many similar builds to mine on youtube), but when I ran Real Bench I still managed to hit 84c in under 3-4 mins and I was unable to continue due to CAM telling me that "having this high of a temperature will lower my cpu's lifespan".

I'm completely new to overclocking, and would like to receive some help/feedback on what I could be doing wrong? 

Here's a few more information on my tests and my build:

threadripper 1950x (currently at 3.8)
NZXT x62 kraken 280mm (front mounted, at pull configuration)
x3 Corsair LL 120, 2 at top, 1 at the back all acting as exhaust
Zenith extreme x399
32gb trident z rgb (at 3200mhz)
rog strix 1080ti (stock at the moment)
evga g3 850 watt psu

Temps during idle 43c -45c shown on my mobo, Nzxt CAM shows 43c, and HWinfo shows 43.5 current tdie temp with maximum 52.1 tdie)

During Real Bench all of these hit 84c within 3 minutes and I had to stop it.

Also I noticed these "burn marks" around the bottom of the cpu socket, below the spring loaded bracket that you slide the threadripper into...I'm not sure 

was there before or if that's a result of my poor overclocking, hopefully someone with a zenith extreme can help me with this as well.

burnt.JPG

Image result for threadripper

It's normal.

Those are spot welds.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kraken 280mm is not sufficient to handle the 1950x overclocked to 3.8ghz. 

You might want to check the thermal paste application since TR4 is a huge socket or change fan profile of your radiator to see if those solve your problems.