Not sure about the motherboard

Mhmd
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

The mobo has 6 total fan headers. Your CPU cooler will be PWM and using 1. That leaves 4 DC/3pin headers and 1 PWM header. You can plug all 5 fans to board directly. Couple things to note:

• Each header can power 2-4 fans with splitters (total power draw max 1A, you can see fans power draw from its specs).
  • DC/3pin fans are controlled with voltage. With LED fans this means that LEDs will dim if you slower fan speeds.
  • You can't control PWM fans with 3pin header (every other header than CPU and CPU_OPT).

I am planning on buying a new pc and cooling is one of its most important proiority.

I got:

Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower.

Asus STRIX B350-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard.

5 of the CoolerMaster SickleFlow RED 120mm 69.7 CFM Fans.

The case specs show that the cooling system could have up to 5 fans, 2 on top (I am going use them for exauhst) 1 on the back (also for exauhst) and 2 on the front (which I am going to use for intake)

now the important part is I am not sure about this motherboard, on the specs page it says it got only 3 chassy fan thing and also I saw a lot of negative feedback for it in other ways like some people say that it got a lot of video signal lost and no keyboard support at windows 7.

Can someone tell me if this motherboard is fine for 5 fans and also check if the video signal lost thing is real? If the motherboard is not fine please give me the link to a better one compatible with this list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zYT8J8

PS: I use windows 10 so I dont think the keyboard driver thing is a problem.

and also I dont think the video signals loss because I will be getting a GTX 1060 (6gb) with the build.

yeah should be a good motherboard, but why the 1tb ssd when you're buying a 2tb hdd? i'd go with a 120gb ssd for the os and games on hardrive

Swapped a few things around:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Mushkin - Reactor 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($215.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PNY - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card  ($328.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($8.24 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($8.24 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Lenovo - L24q 23.8" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($229.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1449.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-05 16:27 EDT-0400

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

18 minutes ago, noot said:

yeah should be a good motherboard, but why the 1tb ssd when you're buying a 2tb hdd? i'd go with a 120gb ssd for the os and games on hardrive

Can one of u guys give me my exact same build I made but with a better motherboard (if its needed) and a 512GB ssd instead of the 1TB one? Thanks

oh and also can u use the same ram that @Lurick suggested, I am not so good at choosing pc parts so I will be happy if u guys help me.

2 minutes ago, Mhmd said:

Can one of u guys give me my exact same build I made but with a better motherboard (if its needed) and a 512GB ssd instead of the 1TB one? Thanks

oh and also can u use the same ram that @Lurick suggested, I am not so good at choosing pc parts so I will be happy if u guys help me.

Swap the 1TB SSD for something like this if you're good with a 500GB one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ft8j4D/crucial-mx500-500gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct500mx500ssd1

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

The motherboard is fine unless you want to spend more. But I would suggest going with the latest generation of Ryzen.

There is no need for five fans and the stock cooler will do a very good job. One intake and one exhaust fan is sufficient. Since the case comes with a fan, only one additional fan needs to be purchased.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($243.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.49 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($8.24 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Lenovo - L24q 23.8" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($229.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1480.24
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-05 16:57 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The mobo has 6 total fan headers. Your CPU cooler will be PWM and using 1. That leaves 4 DC/3pin headers and 1 PWM header. You can plug all 5 fans to board directly. Couple things to note:

• Each header can power 2-4 fans with splitters (total power draw max 1A, you can see fans power draw from its specs).
  • DC/3pin fans are controlled with voltage. With LED fans this means that LEDs will dim if you slower fan speeds.
  • You can't control PWM fans with 3pin header (every other header than CPU and CPU_OPT).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv