IFixit on newegg

Jtalk4456

I'm not sure if this is news or would be better suited for another area, but I was reworking my wishlists on newegg and realized that almost all of IFixit's tools are now missing from newegg.

All they have left is the pro tech toolkit and for some reason it's listed as 2x as expensive as normal

As well as the 2 items left aren't sold by ifixit, but by a third party. I had an old wishlist that DID have ifixit tools in it, and I'm not sure what would prompt newegg and ifixit to separate.

At Any rate I am disappointed. I know that it's cheaper to buy from different places to find best prices, but I like being able to make one large order and having most of it shipped together

image.png.123ae0569e4b1912bb8909541b3b5a93.png

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Newegg was bought by a Chinese company and now is concentrating on using more and more Marketplace vendors, most of them dodgy Chinese vendors, to provide stock and shipping rather than maintaining its own stock. Other areas have gone downhill as well. Customer Service is not as accessible, reviews for similar items, such as different sizes of the same kind of HDD or SSD, are being consolidated, Marketplace vendors are often grossly price gouging, etc.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

I just use amazon for everything these days, if you want to be able to buy literally anything at once it’s good for that 

Not exactly the right section but a mod will move it

yeah this isn't tech news.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Reason why it's 2x expensive, it's not sold by Newegg. It's sold by 3rd party vendors, e-box and Top Market. IMO the toolkit still lack some tools that would be useful for a tech, like a SATA to USB adapter.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

But hey, Microcenter is probably expanding later this year so.... :)

12 minutes ago, Rune said:

But hey, Microcenter is probably expanding later this year so.... :)

Love Microcenter, it's amazing. Best place to buy PC parts in my experience. I just hate having to drive almost an hour to get there, so I usually never do unless I just happen to be in the area. It'd be amazing if they opened up a location closer to me, I'd probably end up living there. :D

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

1 minute ago, 2Buck said:

Love Microcenter, it's amazing. Best place to buy PC parts in my experience. I just hate having to drive almost an hour to get there, so I usually never do unless I just happen to be in the area. It'd be amazing if they opened up a location closer to me, I'd probably end up living there. :D

I wish i lived near a microcenter. Charlotte NC is a tech city so it would be a good place for one

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

3 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

I drive 40 minutes to work there every day imagine how I feel :P

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I wish i lived near a microcenter. Charlotte NC is a tech city so it would be a good place for one

Hehe ^^

Anyway, I stopped buying things from Newegg back in 2013 when they started double charging stuff.

how come atlanta gets 2 microcenters and charlotte gets 0?? Just move one up here!

is microcenter still worth it to buy from if it has to get shipped to me? Not sure how expensive their shipping is

9 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

how come atlanta gets 2 microcenters and charlotte gets 0?? Just move one up here!

Yeah I really shouldn't be complaining, compared to many other states, I have it really good.

Screenshot_1.png.e5ea328aa86dbe6dd149c3b82d7a24b8.png

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

5 minutes ago, Rune said:

Let's not derail guys. This is about Newegg failing, not microcenter winning ;)

Ha, true true. :)

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER