R5 1600 or i5 8400

Get the r7 2700 with deepcool gammaxx 300 and a decent b350 motherboard (be careful to have the bios updated before you buy it). You cant tell the difference between intel and amd unless you use the 1080ti, which you dont.

36 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

Get the r7 2700 with deepcool gammaxx 300 and a decent b350 motherboard (be careful to have the bios updated before you buy it). You cant tell the difference between intel and amd unless you use the 1080ti, which you dont.

Not true, even with a 1070ti there's a difference. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

Not true, even with a 1070ti there's a difference. 

Greg played with high not ultra quality settings to "fake" a 1080ti

1 minute ago, TheSponyX said:

Greg played with high not ultra quality settings to "fake" a 1080ti

I run a 1080ti and play mostly at High settings, ultra settings are almost never optimized for. Nor do they offer a level of visual impact that matches the impact on performance. 

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

I run a 1080ti and play mostly at High settings, ultra settings are almost never optimized for. Nor do they offer a level of visual impact that matches the impact on performance. 

Its not worth for you who got used to fast refresh rates. But I like more eye candy over faster screens. Its just personal preference at this point. Thats why pc gaming is great. You can choose fast screens and I can choose eye candy

1 minute ago, TheSponyX said:

Its not worth for you who got used to fast refresh rates. But I like more eye candy over faster screens. Its just personal preference at this point. Thats why pc gaming is great. You can choose fast screens and I can choose eye candy

When you benchmark a CPU though, the goal is not to benchmark the graphics card. Why you don't place the load on the graphics card, but the CPU. 

14 minutes ago, App4that said:

When you benchmark a CPU though, the goal is not to benchmark the graphics card. Why you don't place the load on the graphics card, but the CPU. 

Yeah I disable aa and eyecandy when benchmarking, but I was talking about my personal use case. I cant deny that skylake arhitecture and 2 aditional cores arent giving 25% more performance when gpu isnt a factor. Both 2500k and 8600k at 5ghz of course.

4 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

Yeah I disable aa and eyecandy when benchmarking, but I was talking about my personal use case. I cant deny that skylake arhitecture and 2 aditional cores arent giving 25% more performance when gpu isnt a factor. Both 2500k and 8600k at 5ghz of course.

Here's 6 cores against 6 cores. Both an 8 year old intel, and the gaming king 8700k, plus the 2600.

The latest Ryzen trades blows with a 8 year old Xeon in games. mate. 

15 minutes ago, App4that said:

Here's 6 cores against 6 cores. Both an 8 year old intel, and the gaming king 8700k, plus the 2600.

The latest Ryzen trades blows with a 8 year old Xeon in games. mate. 

You literarlly ran out of words because you never read a book in your life, changed the subject from personal preferences (eyecandy vs fast screens) to how good is intel over amd, started throwing videos at me and never stop trying to shut me down, even when it was obvious I tried to end this conversation with you ape when I mentioned personal preferences about game settings. Get a life and stop acting like you know what youre talking.

24 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

You literarlly ran out of words because you never read a book in your life, changed the subject from personal preferences (eyecandy vs fast screens) to how good is intel over amd, started throwing videos at me and never stop trying to shut me down, even when it was obvious I tried to end this conversation with you ape when I mentioned personal preferences about game settings. Get a life and stop acting like you know what youre talking. <-----------

LOL, I use the video because it shows 6 cores against 6 cores against 6 cores. It shows how far Intel has come in 8 years, and how far AMD has yet to go before catching up. You're angry because I'm right. You'll notice that happens to me because if I'm pushing a subject, it means I've researched it and have evidence to support my view, it's a scientist thing. My way of saying I'm used to it ^_^