I have some questions about the kingdom hearts series

ImRyan

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-CUSA05786_00-KINGDOMHEART1525

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-CUSA05787_00-KINGDOMHEARTSX28

Between the two link does that cover the series that has been released so far?

Is KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX a remaster of the first game and is KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX a remaster of the second game?

Which order should i play all this in?

Thanks for your help

Those are the 2 main games that have been remastered.  It also looks like it includes several of the other smaller games that were released, but I dont know if thats all of them or not.  There have been multiple games that were released on the ds and 3ds.   I cant remember all of them, so I dont know if that pack includes them or not.  There is also the prologue or whatever it was called that was released on the ps4 last year. 

I have the remasters on the ps3 and also own both of the original games, and While they do look better than the originals the controls mechanics do show their age.  Either way they are solid games and completely worth playing.  The original kingdom hearts was mind blowing when it was released, the only part that felt bad to me was the gummi ship.  it was rather annoying and tedious. 

Okay, so no and yes. HD 1.5 + 2.5 is all the main games remastered. KH Final Mix is the remastered version by the same name, which was kind of like an ultimate version of the first game, but this version was only released in Japan on the PS2.

Re:Chain of Memories is a full remake of the GBA version of the game that was turn based, it takes place chronologically between KH1 and 2.

358/2 Days was the game made for the DS, very good game, but this is not a remake of that game, they just remade the cut scenes so there is nothing here to play, just a movie.

KHII Final Mix is the same story as KH Final Mix, it was an ultimate version only released in Japan on the PS2, now it's here in HD and it's just like KH2 was, but with extras.

Birth By Sleep is the full game remastered from the PSP version, maybe one of the best games in the series. This takes place years before the KH1.

Re:Coded I believe was another Japan exclusive release, I think it takes places between KH1 and KH2 as well, but this isn't the full game, just remade cutscenes.

HD 2.8 includes the only other re-release which is KH-3D. Initially made for the 3DS, it kinda sucks (IMO) but if you want to play it, there is not better way, as the 3DS version kinda sucks.

And finally KH 2.8. I think this chronologically is taking place at the same time as the end of KH2, and it ends at the same point. It's in the same engine KH3 is supposedly going to be in, and it's the first original console content that has been made for the series in a while I believe, it's only about 2 hours long though, so don't expect too much out of it.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Probably should play the titles in the release order of the original versions to get the same experience as those who followed the series from the beginning.

The order I'm aware of is KH (HD 1.5) > Chain of Memories (HD 1.5) > KH II (HD 2.5) > (Coded) (HD 2.5) > 358/2 (HD 1.5) > Birth by Sleep (HD 2.5) > Dream Drop Distance (HD 2.8) > (X Backcover) (HD 2.8) > A Fragmentary Passage (HD 2.8)

I put Coded and X in parentheses since I hear they different from the originals, haven't played/watched either, so I don't know if the added story bits spoil things if you play them int he above order.

I think the only oddity is that 358/2 is in HD 1.5, which made some new players play that before KH II because HD 2.5 didn't exist yet. I think fans typically think a certain reveal is done better in KH II than 358/2. Chronologically 358/2 overlaps CoM and KH II.