New BITMAIN ASIC Mines Equihash = 15x1080Ti GPUs at 300 Watts

5 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

"Counterfeit money is imitation currency produced without the legal sanction of the state or government. "

Sounds familiar? Crypto is just a fake money, even if some idiots attach value to it....

But it's legal where i live... You need to pay taxes on it like a normal currency but it's not banned or something.

You even have ATM's where you can buy bitcoins from if you want to.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

"Counterfeit money is imitation currency produced without the legal sanction of the state or government. "

Sounds familiar? Crypto is just a fake money, even if some idiots attach value to it....

Too bad that crypto isn't an imitation

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I can buy things with frequent flier programs' miles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But you don't need to pay taxes on it and you usually can't trade them with other people :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

10 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

But you don't need to pay taxes on it and you usually can't trade them with other people :P

So, whether we agree on the status of bitcoin or not, we at least agree that a currency is defined by more than "can buy things" ;)

Spoiler

It's a property worth remembering about it, though:

:P 

The IRS considers crypto currencies to be property.  They view it as a "virtual currency", but for tax purposes, it is handled as property.  Citizens are required to report gains.

Those who say that crypto is fake and those who say it's a real currency are both exaggerating to make some kind of point.   Just another day on the LTT forums.  :D

Capture1.JPG.d4e80919bcec22ec4836f7aa20a7d891.JPG

21 hours ago, alphaproject said:

If this was profitable I'd do it.... but for 2K... I wonder how long it would take to get your money back....

Considerably less time than 15 1080Ti's ;)

21 hours ago, alphaproject said:

If this was profitable I'd do it.... but for 2K... I wonder how long it would take to get your money back....

Instantly, because you could resell one for 6k on the spot f you actually managed to get one.