trying to watch 4k HDR content on Alienware 1440 monitor

Virtualnate

Hi everyone. So I just bought an Alienware AW3418DW. This thing is a beast! Awesome for playing games!!!!  3440x1440, curved screen, GSYNC, Native Refresh Rate is 100HZ (overclockable to 120HZ) and fps is sooooo smooth. Now, the thing is I love this monitor, and I wouldn't change it for a 4K for gaming only to end up playing at 60Hz. BUT, I want to watch Netflix in 4k with a Roku device. I borrowed my dad's Roku Ultra but the screen flickers intermittently. I heard people buy an HDMI splitter to bypass HDCP 2.2 successfully, but those people have a 4k monitor, mine's 2K. How can I make this work? 

If it works it might reduce the resolution to 1080, since Netflix jumps from 1080 to 4k, and nothing in between, I think. 

you kind of already have the answer, you need to bypass HDCP in order to make this work at all and also the HDMI 1.4 port on the monitor does only support 4K 30hz without HDR

so in short your monitor is not capable of displaying the signal you are sending to it and even if it would be able to process it it will simply not be the same as view natively.

That's what I thought ?oh well, even if i get the upcoming hdr monitors from asus/acer it will be the same thing since they're 3440x1440, right? I'd rather stick with this one, although the colors, contrast, etc are pretty dark when watching netflix, but then when i fire up far cry 5, im like, screw it, this is awesome. I wish they could release a native 4k 10+ hdr monitor at least at 100hz with gsync