Is 5GB of disk space enough for me and my friend to play Minecraft on?

Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,
3 minutes ago, DodoDodo123 said:

So, you're telling to me that if me and my friend wanna build a masterpiece (as I said up), that the world wouldn't go up, like, maybe 4GB?

Unless you use mods. If you play vanilla minecraft, it's not an issue.

Hi!

I just hosted a free Minecraft server on a website and i was just wondering is 5GB of disk space gonna be enough space for me and my friend to play Minecraft survival on, no mods, pure vanilla, and maybe some command blocks. That's it!

So, there is gonna be max 3-4 people on that server.

Thanks for helping me out!

Probably yes, but after a whilee it may fill up, but probably not.

2 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Probably yes, but after a while it may fill up

Ok, but the problem is that im just a kid that wants to play Minecraft with my friend and if it fills up, what should I do then?

If your computer entire storage only has 5GB of free space left you will likely experience slow downs and issues... Minecraft isn't a heavy game I think you can't even have it weight more than a single 1GB but still you could have slow downs using a computer with so little space left.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, DodoDodo123 said:

Ok, but the problem is that im just a kid that wants to play Minecraft with my friend and if it fills up, what should I do then?

Contact the hoster and get it upgraded to a 10gb VPS

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

If anyone has an answer just reply, every help is appreciated

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

If your computer entire storage only has 5GB of free space left you will likely experience slow downs and issues... Minecraft isn't a heavy game I think you can't even have it weight more than a single 1GB but still you could have slow downs using a computer with so little space left.

Its a hosting provider online. 5GB is enough for months of use for 3-4 people. Dont worry about the space for now. 

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Put it isn't my PC i was talking about, I was talking about a hosted server on a website

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Its a hosting provider online. 5GB is enough for months of use for 3-4 people. Dont worry about the space for now. 

So, will it fill up in 1-2 years?

or before?

4 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Contact the hoster and get it upgraded to a 10gb VPS

Can't, can't pay anything, lol

Just now, DodoDodo123 said:

Can't, can't pay anything, lol

Reset the world once you hit the 5gb then.

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Reset the world once you hit the 5gb then.

Kinda, the problem is that me and my friend want to build, like, a massive masterpiece, you know.... so I can't do that unfortunately...

I have MC server worlds that have gone on for a few years, none of them are bigger than 1 or 2GB, even with a bunch of exploring by many people (tens of thousands of blocks out).

The world files get much bigger if you have mods.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Or does anyone know a hosting service that's better than server.pro, I mean, a hosting service that can give you more than 5 gigs of disk space for free?

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I have MC server worlds that have gone on for a few years, none of them are bigger than 1 or 2GB, even with a bunch of exploring by many people (tens of thousands of blocks out).

The world files get much bigger if you have mods.

So, you're telling to me that if me and my friend wanna build a masterpiece (as I said up), that the world wouldn't go up, like, maybe 4GB?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

No, unless your masterpiece is like 100k blocks large or something ridiculous.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It depends on how much you explore, and even then you can delete unneeded chunks with MCEdit. You should be fine with 5GB for just a few people though.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

I host a small factions server that has been running for over 2 years now and the entire thing hasn't exceeded 4GB. I have over 50 plugins running and there are no problems. One of my plugins alone takes up 1.5GB for log files. I hope my personal experience will demonstrate that 5GB shouldn't be a problem at all, especially for a vanilla world.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

• 2 years later...
On 5/3/2018 at 7:41 PM, DodoDodo123 said:

Same i think you are talking about server.pro. look, if you want more storage you can buy it or, try this website called aternos.org which let's you have unlimited storage but it takes time to start up the server