Warranty Stickers

so i was scrolling through my facebook news feed and saw this article

im guessing someone out there saw the video linus made about those stickers and decided to take action

https://www.pcgamer.com/ftc-gives-asus-microsoft-and-sony-30-days-to-change-illegal-warranty-terms/?utm_content=buffer03686&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Yeah, we heard about this weeks ago.  And it's actually been illegal for decades, it's just never been enforced.  While it would be cool to think his video inspired someone to finally crack down on the problem, I'm not sure there's any way we can really assume that with confidence.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 minutes ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

if anything they need to make warranty stricter, too many people getting free shit 

No, they just need to clamp down on the cheaters themselves and quit penalizing people who are not cheating.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

No, they just need to clamp down on the cheaters themselves and quit penalizing people who are not cheating.

or maybe they just need to ask for a picture/video every time and don't allow people who say like oh a battery or cap on it leaked so i threw it away for a safety concern and get sent a new one with never having one in the first place. 

7 hours ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

or maybe they just need to ask for a picture/video every time and don't allow people who say like oh a battery or cap on it leaked so i threw it away for a safety concern and get sent a new one with never having one in the first place. 

Or require that the item be returned.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

9 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Or require that the item be returned.

I'm not aware of any RMA that doesn't require this.  No company is going to just give out free stuff on the word or someone who claims to have a broken one.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 hours ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

Show me one online shopping store where you can use a warranty without purchasing an item.

"Shashabooey" - Po

15 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm not aware of any RMA that doesn't require this.  No company is going to just give out free stuff on the word or someone who claims to have a broken one.

I've had vendors occasionally tell me not to bother to return the bad item, especially low cost ones.

Jeannie

2 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I've had vendors occasionally tell me not to bother to return the bad item, especially low cost ones.

I had this too, but proof of purchase was given earlier or they could see the invoice. Especially on older products, sometimes shipping is worth more than the scrap metal or materials. 

6 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

I had this too, but proof of purchase was given earlier or they could see the invoice. Especially on older products, sometimes shipping is worth more than the scrap metal or materials. 

True that. I always had to have proof of purchase (easy for me since I copy all warranty related receipts and register purchases when possible.

Jeannie

4 hours ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

Show me one online shopping store where you can use a warranty without purchasing an item.

check your PM because im not about to bet banned for saying this.