Vertu phone operations slowing down

I know this might be old news but I just found out the Vertu company hasn't been doing too well. I don't know what people (who still own Vertu phones) are going to do since they'll have limited support (I assume) and how will they fix their phones if it gets damaged (yikes). I personally myself don't own a Vertu phone never made had the money and even if I did I could never justify coughing up roughly $6,000 or $10,000 (at minimum) for a phone that felt like a fancy overdone Nokia 8800 (my dad owned the carbon edition). Anyways back to the topic at hand, The Telegraph a states that, 

"Vertu will be liquidated with the loss of nearly 200 jobs after a rescue plan failed."

According to The Financial Times The owner Murat Hakan Uzan (a Turkish exile living in Paris) intends to keep the company.

"Mr Uzan will, however, keep the Vertu brand, technology and design licences. He plans to rebuild the luxury phonemaker, according to a person familiar with the situation."

This seems unlikely when according to Digital Trends states that: 

"...complaints wages are overdue, and pension contributions are being removed from salaries without being paid into retirement schemes. These grievances were listed to Vertu management in a letter, but no explanation was given."

According to Digital Trends, the problems don't end there: 

"Suppliers calling in debts apparently include Qualcomm and Microsoft, which sub-leases the buildings Vertu uses, after acquiring them when it acquired Nokia. Outstanding bills extend beyond Vertu’s technical partners and into waste management, pest control, and other property services, according to the Telegraph’s sources. Mr. Uzan promised to invest in Vertu when he took over, to allow the company..."

According to Digital Trends, there is a legal battle between the former owner (Gary Chen) and the new owner (Mr Uzan).

"A legal fight between new owner Uzan and former owner Gary Chen, who managed the hedge fund which sold Vertu to Uzan earlier this year, is brewing. Chen claims he has not received payment from Uzan following completion of the sale, while Uzan claims the level of debt and other aspects of the business were concealed from him, and only became apparent after he took control. The pair are now threatening to sue each other, and there are worries Vertu will not survive if the lawsuits happen."

Sources:

Vertu phones slowing down their operations - The Verge

Vertu manufacturing arm faces liquidation after rescue bid fails - The Telegraph.co.uk

A legal battle is brewing around U.K. phone brand Vertu - Digital Trends

Luxury phonemaker Vertu wound up with loss of 200 jobs - The Financial Times

Edited by Edwardk326
My post did not follow the community guide lines

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

It's all shut down now. I live nearby and regularly drive past the building. For months after the announcement there were police/private security and lories taking away valuable items and securing the premises. It now is empty and main gate has been chained up. 

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

vertu failed a longtime ago, yeah.

The resulting phones were technologically antiquated (they ran old version of Android using last year’s processors) but uniquely extravagant, with some handsets costing in excess of $30,000.

summary of why they failed.

New luxury brand in town is Porsche Design ^_^

6 hours ago, The Viking said:

vertu failed a longtime ago, yeah.

summary of why they failed.

New luxury brand in town is Porsche Design ^_^

Same lame Android phone with ugly skin, new “Porsche Design” logo.

5 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Same lame Android phone with ugly skin, new “Porsche Design” logo.

you can buy gold platted iphones. I won't show you the way, you can find it yourself.

Just now, The Viking said:

you can buy gold platted iphones. I won't show you the way, you can find it yourself.

Yeah! I saw the Unbox Therapy video. I’ll just stick to my iPhone 7.

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

For not meeting the guideline for a proper post.

OP please update your post to meet the below guidelines for posting in the News and Review Section and it may be moved back.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

For not meeting the guideline for a proper post.

OP please update your post to meet the below guidelines for posting in the News and Review Section and it may be moved back.

I am very sorry about this as such I have edited the post according to the community guidelines posted. Thank you, Sir, and again I apologise for the error I made.

Sincerest regards edwardk326  

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

This sounds like a Cat fight waiting to happen.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."