Why do people hype up FreeSync?

M300843499
Just now, M300843499 said:

I'm talking aboput Vega and AMD and FreeSync, i do not care for Vesa.

See, that is the Problem.

If you care about Freesync, you care about VESA.

Again:
FREESYNC isn't something Proprietary, its just a Marketing Name!

The Standard Name is VESA Adaptive Sync, AMD just called their Implementation of that Specification Freesync, wich was an adaptation of something from the eDP (embedded Display Port) Standard that also has variable refresh rates that are Supported for example by some Intel Atom Processors.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

See, that is the Problem.

If you care about Freesync, you care about VESA.

Again:
FREESYNC isn't something Proprietary, its just a Marketing Name!

The Standard Name is VESA Adaptive Sync, AMD just called their Implementation of that Specification Freesync, wich was an adaptation of something from the eDP (embedded Display Port) Standard that also has variable refresh rates that are Supported for example by some Intel Atom Processors.

Ok cool, what does this have to do with people and their behavior on selling stuff to consumers after valid and truthful answers?

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I personally don't see the appeal on either freesync or gsync specially if you have good hardware... triple buffered v-sync for slow paced games and nvidia's fastsync (if you need) for fast paced games actually turns any gaming experience just as smooth from my personal experience.

Or if you're someone like me who doesn't not find screen-tearing or stuttering (to a degree) to be annoying and detrimental to gameplay :P.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Or if you're someone like me who doesn't not find screen-tearing or stuttering (to a degree) to be annoying and detrimental to gameplay :P.

RadeonPro & there is a GeForce equivalent around too, they do wonders for many games, i needed RadeonPro for Skyrim. :)

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

Locked.

A civil discussion can be had about the subject, but this isn't that discussion, obviously.

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !