DaVinci Resolve 15 on Linux Ubuntu

Dear LTT,

I was wondering how Davinci Resolve 14 or 15 performs in Linux Ubuntu? Anyone has experience whit it?
Or performs Davinci Resolve his best at Windows or Mac OS X machine? Is there a difference whit which OS you use?
Has someone experienced/knowledge about this?

Performance is withing margin of error compared to osx and windows.

There is worse support for things like audio, and its a bit more of a pain to install.

Also there isn't lots of supporting software like photoshop on linux.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Performance is withing margin of error compared to osx and windows.

There is worse support for things like audio, and its a bit more of a pain to install.

Also there isn't lots of supporting software like photoshop on linux.

You can still install Gimp (inb4 the hate), Krita and Inkscape as 'supporting software'.

Also, do you mean audio support as in codecs or in what other way?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

You can still install Gimp (inb4 the hate), Krita and Inkscape as 'supporting software'.

Also, do you mean audio support as in codecs or in what other way?

But they can't work with PSD files use photoshop plugins and scripts, and most shops are working with a photoshop enviroment. Yea those programs work, but its not photoshop

For audio, you need a blackmagic card currently, so your onboard audio won't work with resolv in linux.

So if I understand correct, it does matter which OS I am useing. Linux haven’t great supporting for audio and video which leads to bad experiences with in Ubuntu.