iTunes is now available on the Windows Store

Music  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever used Apple Music before?

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

that's actually really dissapointing. I was hoping they rebuilt it from scratch. it desperately needs a under-the-hood refresh.

I agree, but it is probably a too massive undertaking to do, if we are realistic. iTunes music payer, library, Store and streaming music player is not hard to implement per se. The problem is the rest, including device management and recovery. Apple is not the kind of company that will make 2x iTunes, where one of them you can recover and manage your Apple device, and the other not, and you need to install "that other big thing".

7 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

No need. I reinstalled the direct download executable file from Apple and now my iPhone is recognized

well I was just saying the different modes since you asked xD

Glad you solved your issue however. Interesting that the windows store version didn't recognize the phone, especially since another user said they use the same binaries.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I agree, but it is probably a too massive undertaking to do, if we are realistic. iTunes music payer, library, Store and streaming music player is not hard to implement per se. The problem is the rest, including device management and recovery. Apple is not the kind of company that will make 2x iTunes, where one of them you can recover and manage your Apple device, and the other not, and you need to install "that other big thing".

I don't actually use iTunes for music. I just use it for managing content and firmware and such of iOS devices.
For my music I use Foobar or my Plex server...

But I'm also not 99% of people sooooo

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

well I was just saying the different modes since you asked xD

Glad you solved your issue however. Interesting that the windows store version didn't recognize the phone, especially since another user said they use the same binaries.

Someone earlier posted that their iPhone is recognized on the Store version. I'm probably doing something wrong. Also, I forgot to add in the OP that the Store version is a paltry 32-bit app whereas Apple's direct download offers a 64-bit option.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Meh, I only use iTunes on my PC for listing to audio, my Mac handles all my syncing. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

10 hours ago, asus killer said:

why would you use itunes from windows store if you have an iphone. I'm confused??!!

If you want to transfer files from sources outside of Apple Music. For example; you buy an album on Bandcamp and download ALAC files to put your iPhone. No other way but iTunes.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

6 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Someone earlier posted that their iPhone is recognized on the Store version. I'm probably doing something wrong. Also, I forgot to add in the OP that the Store version is a paltry 32-bit app whereas Apple's direct download offers a 64-bit option.

The store version should match your system. It's the 64-bit version for me.

Sounds like you haven't even used it and you like trying to find faults :P