Profile pic showing up as broken pic/no pic?

KhandakeF
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Do you have it set up to import from Facebook? https://linustechtips.com/main/settings/facebook/

My profile pic seems to be appearing broken everywhere, at least on my end.

I don;t remember when it began happening

EDIT: Also I haven't tried to upload another pic yet

Screenshot_169.png.57723a2fe9e21207f709dafe022d4ae3.pngScreenshot_170.png.1d4d50bd4a2354aee4733a1f29238d3c.pngScreenshot_171.png.22652061800829e2ed48c5a303375edd.png

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

It's showing for me. Or do you mean only new upload isn't working.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

image.png.c996b816b315dac6d99edeeca0ee1114.png

This is what I see. Using "View Image" doesn't work either. Probably because your trying to grab it off Facebook directly/share link?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

This is what I see. Using "View Image" doesn't work either. Probably because your trying to grab it off Facebook directly/share link?

Ok this is odd. I can see pic fine on mobile Firefox, but on desktop fox I get that same pic. And its not only with this user. There are several all over forums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, KhandakeF said:

Oh I just pressed "Saved" there and it fixed it! :o 

Is it fixed for you guys?

It seems to be working at the moment, though it might well break again. Have you changed your fb profile picture recently by any chance?

HTTP/2 203

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It seems to be working at the moment, though it might well break again. Have you changed your fb profile picture recently by any chance?

Nope, havent changed it in a long time

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

I've deployed a fix which should resolve this issue. It may take a couple of weeks for previously broken pictures to start working again though, and in that time some existing facebook imported pictures will break.

This has happened because the URL that has been imported for your facebook picture only has a limited lifetime, and there are so many people with picture imports set up that the import process can't run fast enough to refresh them before they expire. I've switched it to a different form of URL, which shouldn't have expiry problems.

HTTP/2 203

Ah, I was wondering why so many avatars seemed broken.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB