Faster Internet for FREE in 30 seconds - No... Seriously

Buy Internet on Amazon: http://geni.us/mVjun

It’s not clickbait- this actually is a quick, easy, and free method to make your internet faster- no matter if you’re on a Mac or PC, phone, or desktop! Just change your DNS to Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1

This is great. Will make downloading RAM even faster!

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

And income all the claims of

"My downloads aren't faster! Clickbait!"

Should put a disclaimer on the video:

"Faster internet in terms of domain resolution. Only money can make it truly faster" :P

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

19 minutes ago, James said:

Buy Internet on Amazon: http://geni.us/mVjun

It’s not clickbait- this actually is a quick, easy, and free method to make your internet faster- no matter if you’re on a Mac or PC, phone, or desktop! Just change your DNS to Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1

Now where do I download more RAM and a SSD?

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Whats 0.01 seconds anywho

results vary; could be a lot better for some people

does anyone have the link for cloudflare's instructions on how to change the dns on windows?

1 minute ago, Aakser166 said:

How do they make money with this ? It can't just be free because they are good people ...

"If a product is free, then you're the product"

This has me wondering as well. They have to make money somehow. Are they looking to sell for bigger businesses some service while offering free for everyone else? Is the "we wont sell your info" just long enough to gather lots of people to use their service? Idk seems weird!

Hello everyone I wanna give this a try on my laptop but im unsure of how to do it do i download some "app" then just change it to 1.1.1.1? Or what

4 minutes ago, Iamnotgod said:

Hello everyone I wanna give this a try on my laptop but im unsure of how to do it do i download some "app" then just change it to 1.1.1.1? Or what

https://1.1.1.1/

Just click the install and it'll give you the instructions on how to set it up

Thank you i wasnt sure if i needed the "app" or linus was giving a shoot out lol well to bad for me nothing free and i probably cant afford there monthly or yearly package 

Ehm... how to start this, some concepts given out in the video isn't correct.

Windows will query only 1 DNS. The Alternative address given will only be used in windows if the primary one didn't work at boot of the system, or a LONG time after the one its using to try the other. Its not a "dead and instant rollover to alternative" approach.

for clarification, windows will start looking up the IP like this:

- Browser will check if it already has connection or recent connections made to it (dependent on browser).

- Query the hosts file (http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm READ b4 doing any)

- Query the DNS caching process in Windows.

- if all those didn't produce it, the at boot "selected" dns will be queried.

- After x time of failing to get an answer, it will finally turnover to the OTHER dns provided. That time will be more then half an hour.

Yes, that means if a DNS fails that you currently use, it will take over half an hour before you have internet again, or you have to restart your computer.

As for using this particular DNS...  I prefer https://www.opendns.com/ where I can put on some security features and configure added manual domains and block domains of my choosing via their configuration panels etc.

1.1.1.1 is a partnership between Cloudflare and APNIC.

Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest, fastest networks. APNIC is a non-profit organization managing IP address allocation for the Asia Pacific and Oceania regions.

So APNIC seems trustworthy here ... i found an Cloudfare article saying "why we do that", i'll tell you if i find something of interest

Mine got slower :'(

yeah cool but how do I download a router??

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Slower for me too. I tried pinging the DNS, I get 25ms to cloudflare where google's is 2ms. I tested with the benchmark shown in the video too, similar results, google's is the fastest for me. I'm not from the US though.

NO! It's art, it's colonialism and you'll never get it!

8 minutes ago, DataStorm said:

Ehm... how to start this, some concepts given out in the video isn't correct.

Windows will query only 1 DNS. The Alternative address given will only be used in windows if the primary one didn't work at boot of the system, or a LONG time after the one its using to try the other. Its not a "dead and instant rollover to alternative" approach.

for clarification, windows will start looking up the IP like this:

- Browser will check if it already has connection or recent connections made to it (dependent on browser).

- Query the hosts file (http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm READ b4 doing any)

- Query the DNS caching process in Windows.

- if all those didn't produce it, the at boot "selected" dns will be queried.

- After x time of failing to get an answer, it will finally turnover to the OTHER dns provided. That time will be more then half an hour.

Yes, that means if a DNS fails that you currently use, it will take over half an hour before you have internet again, or you have to restart your computer.

As for using this particular DNS...  I prefer https://www.opendns.com/ where I can put on some security features and configure added manual domains and block domains of my choosing via their configuration panels etc.

Let's say I set up this 1.1.1.1 in Windows, will it override the router configured DNS addresses? I don't think so since the router is hardware and windows is software but it's worth asking

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Concerning the "how they make money question", it seems that if you host a website wich is referenced in Cloudflare DNS you have to pay a fee per domain (if you need some options) more details here :https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/

So i just tried this and all it's done is make google , Facebook, and twitch unreachable.???

9 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Let's say I set up this 1.1.1.1 in Windows, will it override the router configured DNS addresses? I don't think so since the router is hardware and windows is software but it's worth asking

I have the same question, if my routers DNS is set to default(that would be my ISP's dns in this case), but have different dns set in the windows settings, which one I'd actually end up using? I assume the one set in windows since otherwise there wouldn't be a difference when trying different ones?

NO! It's art, it's colonialism and you'll never get it!

23 minutes ago, Progressor said:

I have the same question, if my routers DNS is set to default(that would be my ISP's dns in this case), but have different dns set in the windows settings, which one I'd actually end up using? I assume the one set in windows since otherwise there wouldn't be a difference when trying different ones?

It uses whatever is configured locally on Windows, Linux, etc. and will only use what the router gives it if the DNS isn't manually set and the box gets the address information via DHCP.

29 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

It will use whatever is configured locally. The router DNS settings only comes into play if you don't manually set your DNS settings. Local overrides router

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

59 minutes ago, Iamnotgod said:

It shows you step by step at 01:48 in the video

How do I know if this is truly secure? I want to use this, and even if I get a little slower speeds, if it is more secure and not giving info to my IPS, I rather do this.