Faster Internet for FREE in 30 seconds - No... Seriously

10 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

Most people are just going to type in the wrong stuff and brick their routers or devices. They technically could but there are a lot of variables.

Or they will change something in the router and have no clue what they did and have to call in NerdsRyou from Bestbuy at $100 a housecall.

2 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Nice!  If you're using pihole you don't need to use another layer of dns-blocking, you can just add EasyList and other lists that ABP uses for malware and have pihole point to 1.1.1.1 or your local ISP to be faster.

oh i know, im blocking almost 500,000 domains right now, across like 8 or 9 lists.  i just use quad9 since i dont know what they block, in case they block something i dont. also,  they would also update faster than my lists do for better 0day protection. just another added layer of protection.

i may give cloudflare a chance though.  i need to do an actual benchmark when i get home to see whats faster.

i refuse to use my local isp's though. i dont know what they block, if anything. and i'll never know either. i refuse to take that chance

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

19 hours ago, DejanP said:

This actually makes your internet slower due to the fact that CloudFlare doesn't send your actual IP back to the DNS servers, which causes CDNs to route incorrectly. Someone ran a bunch of tests to illustrate this https://www.sajalkayan.com/post/cloudflare-1dot1dot1dot1.html

while interesting, his results are not accurate for most people.

he lives in singapore, where most of the public dns providers dont have service locations.  he is expected to get worse results.  people should do their own testing to see which is best for them.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Gday Ladies and Gentleman.

I am having a little trouble with changing my DNS on my router, i am with belong and have nbn installed. My net every so often kinda gets shitty and what not so i would love to give this a try to see if it works better. 

When i go into my routers settings and click on the dns settings, it comes up with dynamic dns and adding that in. I will provide some screenshots as it kinda confuses me with this nbn router. 

Please and thankyou very much

Hack3R KinG

nbn router.png

• 1 year later...

Can changing DNS fix my Streaming Issues (Dropping frames when streaming) and will it break my IPTV Because is provided by my ISP too ?