PC Case for the Wife.

ace2k8

I am looking for a Case for my Wife PC.  She is a some what gamer if you call the sims gaming lol.  Her pc i rocking a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and 8GB of DDR2 OG Corsair Dominator,  What a Old School 8800GT.   Any one got a good case recommendation that's cheap well made and nice looking.  No window but ATX and MATX is open i have a motherboard for both.   The Case will be sitting on her desk so it cant be too big. 

I am looking for a Case for my Wife PC.  She is a some what gamer if you call the sims gaming lol.  Her pc i rocking a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and 8GB of DDR2 OG Corsair Dominator,  What a Old School 8800GT.   Any one got a good case recommendation that's cheap well made and nice looking.  No window but ATX and MATX is open i have a motherboard for both.   The Case will be sitting on her desk so it cant be too big. 

hello-kitty-computer-case-mod-1.jpg

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Bitfenix Phenom M, Silverstone SG09 and SG10, Aerocool Dead Silence, Fractal Define R4, Silverstone Tj04 and Tj08

Depends on the size of the motherboard and what you need from a case. I'm currently using a Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 which is very solid and comes with very quiet fans that can be controlled with the built in fan controller. Fractal also do an ATX version called the Arc Midi R2 with the exact same feature set. They also do a range called the Core series which are basic but functional. (no, Fractal Design are not paying me  :mellow:)

I used to use a Cooler Master Elite 430 which was only let down by cable management options.

As I say, any case that is from a reputable brand and has what she wants from a case should be fine.

PC - Ryzen 7 2700X, ASUS B450-PLUS, 16GB ADATA XPG DDR4, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 500GB PNY XLR8, 1TB WD Green, Corsair HX750, AMD Wraith Prism, Phanteks Enthoo Pro, 2x Acer Nitro 27" 1440P IPS, Corsair K65, RGB mouse, Razer mousepad!

Mac - 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13" (2.7 i5, 8GB, 256GB)

I don't know if the Bitfenix Prodigy and Phenom M cases everyone suggests are that great, from the looks of it cable management might be a pain, not much storage options and limited airflow options.  

I like the Fractal Define Mini, its a very sleek and professional looking case but it is pretty pricey at about  $100.

Personally I use this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208052

It's fairly well constructed (although the metal is somewhat thin) and there's of space for a tower cooler, a long graphics, and good cable management.  The only problems are that the fans it comes with a pretty noisy IMO, if you mount a top fan it can cause a lot of vibrations, and if you mount a 200mm fan on the side make sure it is no thicker than 20mm or else it might not fit.  Other than that the case has great value at $40.

There's also a white version that looks really nice, I personally didn't get it because I thought my black disk drive might ruin the look.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208053

Bitfenix prodigy is very elegant looking. Just make sure it is on a stable table. The bottom handles are flexible and wiggle if it is on something wobbly.

You can mod them to look pretty dang cool to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WYOjNgeJ-o

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'm personally a huge fan of our N-series cases for situations like this. I've built a ton of N200 case builds for smaller workstations (MicroATX and MiniITX only).  Our N400 case or the N600 case may be right up your alley.

PCPartPicker links:

N400

N600

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Depends on the size of the motherboard and what you need from a case. I'm currently using a Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 which is very solid and comes with very quiet fans that can be controlled with the built in fan controller. Fractal also do an ATX version called the Arc Midi R2 with the exact same feature set. They also do a range called the Core series which are basic but functional. (no, Fractal Design are not paying me  :mellow:)

I used to use a Cooler Master Elite 430 which was only let down by cable management options.

As I say, any case that is from a reputable brand and has what she wants from a case should be fine.

cooler master cases often look as "cheap" or "too gamery" to me

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Take a look at the N-series cases I mentioned above and let me know if you feel the same :D I'd also check out things like the HAF XB EVO and the CM 690 III as well. We do love feedback!

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Take a look at the N-series cases I mentioned above and let me know if you feel the same :D I'd also check out things like the HAF XB EVO and the CM 690 III as well. We do love feedback!

Sorry for the late response, i had to work till 11:30

I do like the N series quite a lot. But i guess the rest of the cooler master cases just arent for me

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Sorry for the late response, i had to work till 11:30

I do like the N series quite a lot. But i guess the rest of the cooler master cases just arent for me

To each their own, bud! :D That's why we keep trying to expand the selection. Don't be afraid to let us know what you'd like to see.

Fractal Define R4

Bitches love sleek and simple.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Too true. Especially if they have some 1337 L3D F4N L1GHT5. Look at my sig.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

To each their own, bud! :D That's why we keep trying to expand the selection. Don't be afraid to let us know what you'd like to see.

assuming you represent Cooler Master on this forum, i suggest sending an Private message to Linus or Slick so that you will be tagged industry affiliate.

I really like clean, simplistic cases, like the Fractal design define R4, but it is a shame that it costs that much. i would love to see some more cheaper clean looking cases

An Antec 300 front on a Haf 912 sized case, that holds a H100i.

Do that? You just made my dream case. :) The HAF doesn't need that industrial look in the front and simple is better sometimes.

Love your products though. Evo 212 in push/pull is silent and fantastic at the price and I couldn't be happier with the temps in my HAF 912 with stock fans.

I would also like to see a evo 212 with push/pull sold as a package. It really cuts down noise on games and the stock evo fan is on our website for 6.99 but you charge 10 bucks shipping minimum.

A package at 42 bucks maybe? Would be nice for people looking for a moderate OC with silence during gaming. Do some benchmarks in games to show how much quieter it is then a single fan on a evo and I think you could cut into Noctua territory quite a bit. :)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

assuming you represent Cooler Master on this forum, i suggest sending an Private message to Linus or Slick so that you will be tagged industry affiliate.

I really like clean, simplistic cases, like the Fractal design define R4, but it is a shame that it costs that much. i would love to see some more cheaper clean looking cases

Messages sent. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still pretty green doing this in a legititmate and professional way. I just hope that's part of my charm? I'm more used to participating with my volunteering communities (ie superhuge gaming club I helped run in college days, PAX Enforcing, that gaming kind of volunteering).

If I had may way (work in progress), I'd have a whole series of cases similar to the simple geometrics of our N-series cases, but with more of the internal specs seen on our flashy gamer HAF cases. I'm in love with our N200 for micro and workstation builds. The N600 and N400 give me hope for what could be.

An Antec 300 front on a Haf 912 sized case, that holds a H100i.

Do that? You just made my dream case. :) The HAF doesn't need that industrial look in the front and simple is better sometimes.

Love your products though. Evo 212 in push/pull is silent and fantastic at the price and I couldn't be happier with the temps in my HAF 912 with stock fans.

I would also like to see a evo 212 with push/pull sold as a package. It really cuts down noise on games and the stock evo fan is on our website for 6.99 but you charge 10 bucks shipping minimum.

A package at 42 bucks maybe? Would be nice for people looking for a moderate OC with silence during gaming. Do some benchmarks in games to show how much quieter it is then a single fan on a evo and I think you could cut into Noctua territory quite a bit. :)

Seriously! That N-series! We're getting it rolling. :D Though, you should totally be worried about fitting a Glacer 240L in there instead, right? ;)

Honestly, I sometimes wonder why Push/pull packages aren't already available from us and similar companies with similar coolers, but then I realize that'd probably require all new packaging, which turns into a lot of cost, for a product that may not sell very well since the cost to performance difference isn't ideal. Push/pulls are great, but most users don't need it, and I have no idea if enough people would be willing to pay for that to make up for the new packaging and potential product confusion (Why is this Hyper 212 EVO $10 more expensive than that one?!)

Messages sent. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still pretty green doing this in a legititmate and professional way. I just hope that's part of my charm? I'm more used to participating with my volunteering communities (ie superhuge gaming club I helped run in college days, PAX Enforcing, that gaming kind of volunteering).

If I had may way (work in progress), I'd have a whole series of cases similar to the simple geometrics of our N-series cases, but with more of the internal specs seen on our flashy gamer HAF cases. I'm in love with our N200 for micro and workstation builds. The N600 and N400 give me hope for what could be.

Seriously! That N-series! We're getting it rolling. :D Though, you should totally be worried about fitting a Glacer 240L in there instead, right? ;)

Honestly, I sometimes wonder why Push/pull packages aren't already available from us and similar companies with similar coolers, but then I realize that'd probably require all new packaging, which turns into a lot of cost, for a product that may not sell very well since the cost to performance difference isn't ideal. Push/pulls are great, but most users don't need it, and I have no idea if enough people would be willing to pay for that to make up for the new packaging and potential product confusion (Why is this Hyper 212 EVO $10 more expensive than that one?!)

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/Case/mid-tower/n300.html

!!!! These look fantastic. I have always liked an elegant look. Nice job coolermaster. You read my mind :) Will definitely be using the n400 in my next build. That looks better then the Antec 300 and it was my previous favorite as far as looks go.

Fractal Design Core 1000 cheap, looks good, has good build quality and it isn't massive.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Wow nice thanks you guys. Bit I need to go cheaper around 40$

I'm personally a huge fan of our N-series cases for situations like this. I've built a ton of N200 case builds for smaller workstations (MicroATX and MiniITX only).  Our N400 case or the N600 case may be right up your alley.

^ The N200 is great.

If you want a mid tower, I'd take a look at the Antec One, Source 210 Elite, or 200R--whichever is cheapest.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Fractal Design Core 1000 is a solid and cheap case.

I completely forgot about the Core 1000, the only thing I didn't like about it was it's limited hard drive space.

I completely forgot about the Core 1000, the only thing I didn't like about it was it's limited hard drive space.

one thing about a budget case is that storage on a small budget is small too..