Deciding PSU for GTX 1070ti

bubuie

Hey guys , Yesterday i Have experienced the coil whine on my GTX 1070ti , found out on another system that it was caused by the PSU , currently i have Deepcool DN650 80+ , which i am going to change

I have found some PSUs that i want an advice with

Silverstone tek strider 750W 80+ gold full modular --- This is the first one , i could get this 50$ + my PSU 

EVGA 850 BQ 80+ Bronze - for about 99$ 

Corsair CX750 Modular 80+ Bronze and this for 80 $ 

Which one i should go with ? 

3 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Post your budget, build, and the store you're buying from.

i7 7700k

ASUS Rog Maximus IX hero

MSI GTX 1070TI Gaming

h105 CPU Cooler

2x SSD 120 GB

1x HDD 500 GB

and PSU atm DeepCool DN650W 80+

This aint store, those are online sellers from my country 

Just for the love of god don't buy the cx750m. I have it and currently looking for a replacement cause it shuts off at 30°C. I can't even close the sidepanel with the heat output of a r7 1700x and a gtx 1080.

2 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

Just for the love of god don't buy the cx750m. I have it and currently looking for a replacement cause it shuts off at 30°C. I can't even close the sidepanel with the heat output of a r7 1700x and a gtx 1080.

okay, i wrote out that PSU from list :) thanks 

6 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

there is also one Corsair RM650x, Fully Modular, 80+ Gold refurbished 

22 minutes ago, bubuie said:

This aint store, those are online sellers from my country 

We can't help with suggesting PSUs if we don't know exactly what's available and for what price. Online stores are stores too, so post links to them. Unless you mean you're buying a used power supply second-hand?

Just now, OrionFOTL said:

We can't help with suggesting PSUs if we don't know exactly what's available and for what price. Online stores are stores too, so post links to them. Unless you mean you're buying a used power supply second-hand?

yep they are all used, my psu is used aswell just going to exchange for better one 

5 minutes ago, bubuie said:

yep they are all used, my psu is used aswell just going to exchange for better one 

Instead of getting a mediocre silly high wattage PSU, just get a good 450-550W PSU and use it for the length of the warranty. 

:)

I will get something like Seasonic X series / Corsair RM series / Super Flower Leadex Gold / FSP Hydro G / Bitfenix Whisper with all 500-550w rather than some high wattage psu with mediocre performance.

Its post in the front and if you havent read it please refer to it:

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

2 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

I will get something like Seasonic X series / Corsair RM series / Super Flower Leadex Gold / FSP Hydro G / Bitfenix Whisper with all 500-550w rather than some high wattage psu with mediocre performance.

Its post in the front and if you havent read it please refer to it:

I can get a V750 Cooler Master which is in tier 1 Series for 80$ should i go with it?

2 hours ago, bubuie said:

I can get a V750 Cooler Master which is in tier 1 Series for 80$ should i go with it?

Why do you want a 750W PSU so badly??

Why not get a good, quality 550W PSU new??

THAT makes more sense as used PSU have a bit of danger to it - like Coil Whine, doesn't work well with your system (wich happens from time to time for whatever reason).

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 hours ago, AugOwnz said:

Then there is something wrong with the PSU and you should RMA it.

It's NOT NORMAL for a CX750M to shut down at 30°C and I have no idea why you would even assume that it's normal and perpetuate a lie that it is.

4 hours ago, bubuie said:

Hey guys , Yesterday i Have experienced the coil whine on my GTX 1070ti , found out on another system that it was caused by the PSU , currently i have Deepcool DN650 80+ , which i am going to change

I have found some PSUs that i want an advice with

Silverstone tek strider 750W 80+ gold full modular --- This is the first one , i could get this 50$ + my PSU 

EVGA 850 BQ 80+ Bronze - for about 99$ 

Corsair CX750 Modular 80+ Bronze and this for 80 $ 

Which one i should go with ? 

You don't need a 750W PSU.

Just get a decent 550W.

52 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Then there is something wrong with the PSU and you should RMA it.

It's NOT NORMAL for a CX750M to shut down at 30°C and I have no idea why you would even assume that it's normal and perpetuate a lie that it is.

Had it for a number of years, warranty is long gone.

34 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

Had it for a number of years, warranty is long gone.

I do think you're lying here or had another problem. The CX850 and 750 both are a different platform than the lesser models and don't suffer the same problems. The ones that did have issues with going over 30C simply restarted - they didn't shut down.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

32 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I do think you're lying here or had another problem. The CX850 and 750 both are a different platform than the lesser models and don't suffer the same problems. The ones that did have issues with going over 30C simply restarted - they didn't shut down.

I still have this problem if I close the sidepanel, and I completely changed setup this november. It's the psu.

7 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

I still have this problem if I close the sidepanel, and I completely changed setup this november. It's the psu.

I have a cx750m with all my stuff OC'd and it runs fine... My case also has pretty terrible airflow. Speaking of which how does the sidepanel being off help at all? Is it not getting direct intake from under the case? 

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

3 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

I have a cx750m with all my stuff OC'd and it runs fine... My case also has pretty terrible airflow. Speaking of which how does the sidepanel being off help at all? Is it not getting direct intake from under the case? 

It is getting air from below with a filtered intake, but simply my setup heats up the whole case (you can feel that the air on the exhausts is much warmer). Sadly I didn't notice this problem when I bought it cause I used to run no sidepanel all the time to get better temps while overclocking the gpu.

Like people have been saying there is no reason why you should get a 750w PSU, invest in a great 550w model instead like the Seasonic FOCUS Gold.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

49 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

If your PSU shuts off then it isn't the PSU. Replace the PSU and the problem will still occur.

The OTP doesn't shut the PSU off - it restarts it. Try measuring VRM temps or something if replacing the PSU doesn't solve it.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

If your PSU shuts off then it isn't the PSU. Replace the PSU and the problem will still occur.

The OTP doesn't shut the PSU off - it restarts it. Try measuring VRM temps or something if replacing the PSU doesn't solve it.

It does restart infact, but since I switched to ryzen it "seems" to restart but leaves a completely black screen and I have to shut it off via the switch at the back of the psu.

17 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

It does restart infact, but since I switched to ryzen it "seems" to restart but leaves a completely black screen and I have to shut it off via the switch at the back of the psu.

So, since you claim this is caused by your PSU (which I don't think it is, your system should BSOD then boot back up) have you tried replacing it to see if that'll solve the problem.

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

So, since you claim this is caused by your PSU (which I don't think it is, your system should BSOD then boot back up) have you tried replacing it to see if that'll solve the problem.

I tried it on another system my GPU , which had Rosewill Fortress 750W and the Sound of the coil whine was completely gone.