Best alternatives to Photoshop?

P-Body
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I was wondering what are the best photo editing programs to use instead of photoshop?  I have tried gimp but could not really get along with it are there any others?  It will be only used for drawing.

Many thanks 

If you are on Mac affinity photo is basically a photoshop clone

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

25 minutes ago, P-Body said:

I was wondering what are the best photo editing programs to use instead of photoshop?  I have tried gimp but could not really get along with it are there any others?  It will be only used for drawing.

Many thanks 

If you wish to draw, then PS is not your bag, nor is Gimp. There are actual programs devoted to drawing that probably more suit you.

Look into:

Krita

https://docs.krita.org/Introduction_to_Krita_coming_from_Photoshop

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Corel Draw is also good for drawning.

46 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Gimp 

Did you even finish reading his post?

Magical Pineapples

As for paid, Corel draw is 1 time premium. I think ltt has a variant of a Corel drawing program. 

My personal favorite is microsoft paint. Second is Paint.NET. They’re basic so I don’t have feature creep on me. I’m not a professional artist. 

If i has to pick a third I’d go with krita but that’s digital painting more so. 

I can’t find this alternate paid software but this is the video editor made by the same company. There’s a photo editor they have too somewhere on the internet. https://hitfilm.com/

13 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you wish to draw, then PS is not your bag, nor is Gimp. There are actual programs devoted to drawing that probably more suit you.

Look into:

Krita

https://docs.krita.org/Introduction_to_Krita_coming_from_Photoshop

Thanks for the suggestion and yeah its only for drawing at the moment no photo editing or anything like that. Will have a look into Krita.

Just now, vdc said:

M.S. Paint

p body.png

thats you btw

46 minutes ago, P-Body said:

Thanks for the suggestion and yeah its only for drawing at the moment no photo editing or anything like that. Will have a look into Krita.

It will take a bit to get used to, but Krita is quite great. I'm using it at the moment for digital drawing.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Thanks for the link, surprised i haven't seen this before always watch his stuff.