Burstcoin Mining Rig in a Shed

I am going to mine for burst coin using the hardware that is I have scavenged from old computers.

Specs:

(Anything mark "$FREE$" I got off older computers that were working):

-AMD Athlon II X4 610e 2.4GHz Quad-Core $FREE$

-Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard (I havn't purchased this yet) $20

-Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $FREE$

-Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM $FREE$

-Seagate  Barracuda 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM $FREE$

-Toshiba P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $FREE$

-Gigabyte GeForce 210 1GB

-Deepcool TESSERACT SW RED ATX Mid Tower (I haven't purchased this yet) $19.99

-550w 80 plus insignia power supply (I haven't purchased this yet) $10

-Ubuntu Linux (Cause it is free

Cost: $60

I don't want to run this 24/7 in my house. I would like to place it in my shed, would it be a good idea (I have Florida weather)?

Why do you want to do this?

With the storage listed, you are getting about 1 dollar a month, so roi in 5 years, not including power. 

So really, there are often much better ways to spend money get a return. 

If you just want burst, buy 60 bucks of burst.

I know at first I will be making about a dollar a month, but by the end of the year the Burstcoin value is suppose to go up. I know the risk. It is just that I want to make a miner and maybe by the ned of the year after expanding HDD space I will be making over $20-$50 a month or more. But will it be fine to run in a shed (in Florida weather)? Also, I calculated that 3200 burstcoin will be enough to pay off my computer. I do know about the electric too.

6 minutes ago, Golden-Wolf said:

I know at first I will be making about a dollar a month, but by the end of the year the Burstcoin value is suppose to go up. I know the risk. It is just that I want to make a miner and maybe by the ned of the year after expanding HDD space I will be making over $20-$50 a month or more. But will it be fine to run in a shed (in Florida weather)? Also, I calculated that 3200 burstcoin will be enough to pay off my computer. I do know about the electric too.

if its going up(we have no idea) Your much buying just buying the coin and getting the profits of the gain, than just the small amount that you mined.

Also if prices go up, there will be more miners, and you will get even less burst.

With most eletric prices and current prices your paying about 50-100 usd a year in power keeping this running.

Making money in crypto is highly speculative and always has been.  There is nothing wrong with that but remember that any single crypto coin could loose all of it's value over night.

No one knows what crypto will do so expect the worst and hope for the best.

A side note, there are far better thing's to do with a few terabytes of storage, like a file or plex server.  I would choose doing something fun over something speculative but maybe you find that fun.  (look into remote desktop so you don't need an extra set of peripherals)

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Thank you Psittac, I am going to take the risk. I am doing a lot of research for this before I go for it and thank's for the heads up about the value of cryptocurrency going down overnight. I do have a few more HDDs that I will use but need to be wiped.

If you're doing this for fun, go ahead. But save all the burst you get, you never know when it might spike up (probably when most gpu mining becomes pointless). It's more of an investment than a quick cashgrab.

a good video from a channel that doesn't specialize in tech

I attempted to use it as a currency when I was mining however the return fell to less than a third of what it was, in dollar amount and coin amount so I shut everything off.

edit: bitcoin seems to influence every other coin

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

That is the scary part. One day cryptocurrency could be worth $10,000 and the next day it could be worth $500. It is just like the stock market.  Also, $80,000 of electric is crazy. Although the 1.5 million in return makes it worth it. It is pretty stupid how popular bitcoin has become. 

I am just trying this burstcoin thing out for a few months. If it works out I might consider expanding. If not then I will shut it off. I am only making a $60 investment and my system consumes a max of 300 watts. So, my electric shouldn't be that power consuming.

Thank you Psittac for the video on bitcoin. It was very helpful. 

On 4/13/2018 at 12:03 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

With most eletric prices and current prices your paying about 50-100 usd a year in power keeping this running.

Don't build a computer specifically for burst, for this reason. If you use one thats already running 24/7, then it will only be 1-4 watts extra per hard drive