Confused about all those VPNs

Hip

Hey guys,

I asked you once about your opinions on VPNs and got great suggestions on VPNs.

But after a research on the web I've found different opinions on those VPNs and I don't know which one to choose.

Some websites say ExpressVPN, some StrongVPN and others say PureVPN is good... there is a huge amount of different opinions. Can you help me finally to choose one?

Thanks in advance!!

This might help

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

basically you want a VPN that doesn't play nice with 4 eyes, 5 eyes or 16 eyes, one that doesn't keep records etc.

That site will show who does, and who doesn't, plus he does reviews on them

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

They used to be sponsored by TunnelBear too. But I'd never recommend TunnelBear. I have been using PIA for the past few years however and have no complaints.

8 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

This might help

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

basically you want a VPN that doesn't play nice with 4 eyes, 5 eyes or 16 eyes, one that doesn't keep records etc.

That site will show who does, and who doesn't, plus he does reviews on them

and if want to have a look  at that eye stuff. maybe read this:

https://www.privacytools.io/#ukusa

and there is also a few suggesttion on vpn's

I'd like to have the most private VPN possible.

ExpressVPN is probably one of the best if not the best but it’s expensive at $100 annually but they have the most number of servers in 94 countries and they’re the few ones that can get around China’s great firewall, allows P2P/torrenting and it’s based on British Virgin Islands. Since ExpressVPN is expensive, I switched to PrivateVPN at $50 annually but it’s a very good bargain imo. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, Hip said:

I'd like to have the most private VPN possible.

No such thing.

At best, you can roll your own and have it hosted on AWS or the like, but the skill to keep it secure and under the radar is likely very advanced.

I've heard good things about NordVPN, but I use VPNSecure and never had a lick of trouble. Lots of different servers to connect to, works under Linux and Android (and I think iOS and Mac OS as well)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

29 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

No such thing.

At best, you can roll your own and have it hosted on AWS or the like, but the skill to keep it secure and under the radar is likely very advanced.

I've heard good things about NordVPN, but I use VPNSecure and never had a lick of trouble. Lots of different servers to connect to, works under Linux and Android (and I think iOS and Mac OS as well)

What is AWS? :D

Amazon Web Services. Lets you rent a Virtual Machine that you install a VPN server on.
For example a small VM with 1 core 512 mb ram and a gigabit connection that you install OpenVPN server on.
You VPN to that VM and your connection is secure from you to Amazons datacenter. No guaranties on the security from Amazon to the service you are trying to reach.

39 minutes ago, MariusXYZ said:

Amazon Web Services. Lets you rent a Virtual Machine that you install a VPN server on.
For example a small VM with 1 core 512 mb ram and a gigabit connection that you install OpenVPN server on.
You VPN to that VM and your connection is secure from you to Amazons datacenter. No guaranties on the security from Amazon to the service you are trying to reach.

And Amazon will happy roll over on you to the Feds....so there is that...

I got NordVPN a few months ago and is really good.

Key points:

- A lot of servers with good speeds.

- Different connection methods available.

- Good clients for the main operating systems.

They have offers everytime I check their website, so it's easy to get a few years of service for like 50 bucks.

Get an EC2 instance on Amazon then with linux and setup your own vpn with Strongswan