MicroITX build in NZXT H200i

Hi!

I'm thinking about size downgrade, because my PC is quite too big for me now. I have Corsair Air 540 case, and it is way too large for me. Recently I started to get interested in SFF cases and PC's and that's my pick for today:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rPRYTB

And here's my concerns:

1) Graphics Card Size. I know, that case SHOULD support that card, but if I want to use CPU Cooler (240mm radiator on front of the case), it will take off some space. Any idea if it will fit?

2) Thermals. My graphics card is quite hot (around 50c in my case now on idle, which has two 140mm intakes blowing on her, two outtakes on top through radiator from my NZXT Kraken x64 and one outtake on back). It would't have much clearence, and on weekends PC can run for 24h non-stop with game turn on all the time. That will cause issues. 

Anyone have something similar and can post some thermals or problems that he came across? 

Thanks!

I'm a conductor of a POOP train!

The GPU is probably too long. The card is 298mm long and the radiator and fans will add 55mm (25mm fans, 30mm radiator), assuming both the fans and radiator are mounted behind the case's frame. NZXT states that max GPU clearance in the H200i is 325mm If you mount the fans in front of the frame of the case (which can be done), the exact amount of space you would have for a GPU is 295mm. If you put a Kraken G12 and an AIO on your GPU, it would fit though since the cooler extends past the PCB.

As for thermals, 50C idle seems pretty normal since the card has a zero fan mode. The fans won't kick on until a higher temp. You can set a manual curve in Afterburner to fix that though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

What about Fractal Design Define Nano S? I've been checking that case and it seems like it would fit. The radiator itself might be mounted on top.

14 minutes ago, Hydroxyl said:

What about Fractal Design Define Nano S? I've been checking that case and it seems like it would fit. The radiator itself might be mounted on top.

The memory modules are too tall. According to the Define Nano S web page with top mounted radiators memory modules and VRM heatsinks cannot be taller than 35mm. Nor is there enough clearance in the front given the gpu length.

Have you considered moving to an mATX case instead?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 minutes ago, elfishz said:

I suggest Installing a waterblock on the gpu

No chance. I have enough water in PC in my AiO to check for leaks every 5 mins, so no. I was never into water + electricity. 

1 minute ago, brob said:

The memory modules are too tall. According to the Define Nano S web page with top mounted radiators memory modules and VRM heatsinks cannot be taller than 35mm. Nor is there enough clearance in the front given the gpu length.

Have you considered moving to an mATX case instead?

Nah, I want it as small as possible. 

1 minute ago, Hydroxyl said:

Nah, I want it as small as possible. 

Do you currently have all the parts except the case?

If you truly want small, either ditch the large aio or get NCase M1

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

If you truly want small, either ditch the large aio or get NCase M1

Nah, I love NZXT design. I really want it to look and play good. And not to be so loud. 

45 minutes ago, Hydroxyl said:

No, my parts for now are here:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/v8FbXP More-less. 

I don't really want to sell or buy new graphics card, because I bought mine before mining disaster, so... yeah. 

Do you have the Kraken X52 or X62?

2 hours ago, brob said:

Do you have the Kraken X52 or X62?

I do have x64, yes. And I really love it :P  But I want to buy x52, because radiator is smaller = supported by both of those cases.

10 minutes ago, Hydroxyl said:

Like it, but what's the point of having plenty of RGB when you can't see it? 

If you want to show off RGB you are going to have to go with a larger case. Small cases often achieve space saving by overlapping components and/or, as you have seen restricting component sizes.

Going for similar build, my only issue right now is picking the right GPU. EVGA is probably the best choise here since the case seem to be designed for it but i never tried an EVGA product before and all i hear is thermal issue on their card which seem to be fixed by now but for what ever reason they added some bullshit fuse to the GPU PCB (inb4 it blows up after the warranty ends lol). I now want to stay away from it even more. The Strix is the best 10x0 series card imo, runs cooler and quiter also will match your ROG motherboard, aura sync etc... That being said you wont have enough GPU clearance if you decide to install 240mm rad, i blame NZXT for that, like ffs if this case was an inch longer it would support both x62 and 300mm GPU. You only got only few options here,

1. Either get air cooler or 120mm rad
2. Shorter GPU

Also i recommend that you get an SF600 PSU, it will help the GPU to breath. If you install ATX PSU, HDD and all the cabled the holes will be non existence.