I found a prototype Steam machine at a garage sale!

The Wild Card

First post!

I love watching LTT and have been subscribed for years. Recently, I have been going through rough times and am completely out of the loop with hardware. I don't even have a computer at the moment. :( I still watch every new LTT upload religiously, though.

So today I found something awesome at a garage sale, and I am too excited not to share. 

At the moment, I can't do anything with it.  I'm too strapped for cash. I may eventually put it in the classified section of the forum whenever I get around to making 100 posts here. But if @LinusTech wants it, it's his. I didn't know how to reach out to him best, but I figured here was a good place. I'd be happy to hand it over if he'd put it to good use.

Whether it's by my hand in the future or someone else's, I think it would be cool to see this thing used for a modern build.

4 hours ago, The Wild Card said:

So today I found something awesome at a garage sale, and I am too excited not to share. 

At the moment, I can't do anything with it.  I'm too strapped for cash. I may eventually put it in the classified section of the forum whenever I get around to making 100 posts here. But if Linus wants it, it's his. I didn't know how to reach out to him best, but I figured here was a good place. I'd be happy to hand it over if he'd put it to good use.

You can get Linus' attention by tagging him in your post @LinusTech

Pretty good find from a garage sale. Shame it is missing its original CPU and GPU, but still an interesting case. It looks like it would make a great enclosure for a ballin' HTPC.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

The steam machine. Just like episodic gaming, valve f***** it up.