LG V30 vs Pixel 2 XL?

Longshot
Go to solution Solved by Rupe,
23 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Right

And exactly what is the practical benefit of being on the latest OS? Is Nougat not able to run any app you might want to use? Is there an ebola epidemic among Nougat users? Whats to stop users from installing custom Oreo roms? There is nothing you can do to make up for the disparity in hardware capability.

As I said, I too would go for the LG V30, and I agree there is not large enough differences in Android versions to justify the hardware differences. I just think it's more useful to list the benefits of both phones for the comparison. The fact that the software will have better updates although might not mean much to you some people do care about and then the OP can decide whether or not it matters to him, same with the camera and the stock android vs LGs skin

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

The one that is thicker, lacks 3.5mm jack and sdcard slot, and has a lower IP water resistance rating.

I too would go for the LG V30 but I still think that you do have to keep in mind the Pixel 2 has clean stock android, you will get great update support for the foreseeable future and it has best in class camera.

LG has somewhat dropped the ball when it comes to updates, the V20 which was the first phone to come with Android 7.0 has not even had an announcement date for android 8.0, been on the same version for over a year

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

23 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Right

And exactly what is the practical benefit of being on the latest OS? Is Nougat not able to run any app you might want to use? Is there an ebola epidemic among Nougat users? Whats to stop users from installing custom Oreo roms? There is nothing you can do to make up for the disparity in hardware capability.

As I said, I too would go for the LG V30, and I agree there is not large enough differences in Android versions to justify the hardware differences. I just think it's more useful to list the benefits of both phones for the comparison. The fact that the software will have better updates although might not mean much to you some people do care about and then the OP can decide whether or not it matters to him, same with the camera and the stock android vs LGs skin

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues