Im addicted to CSGO.

CSGOaddict

Hi, 

I need help. Im addicted to csgo. Im reaching 1000 hours on csgo, and i regret every minute of those. Csgo is ruining my life. Every day, i play for about 3 hours when i get home from school. I cant get any work done after. Also, the infamous gambling scene isnt helping either. Any tips for stopping csgo? Any other games i can play besides csgo, which can be addicting, but i can start off in moderation? I just need to stop cs. 

Also, first time posting here, sorry if i did something wrong.

Also, uninstalling doesnt help me. I just end up reinstalling.

Minecraft is great.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Hi, 

I need help. Im addicted to csgo. Im reaching 1000 hours on csgo, and i regret every minute of those. Csgo is ruining my life. Every day, i play for about 3 hours when i get home from school. I cant get any work done after. Also, the infamous gambling scene isnt helping either. Any tips for stopping csgo? Any other games i can play besides csgo, which can be addicting, but i can start off in moderation? I just need to stop cs. 

Also, first time posting here, sorry if i did something wrong.

Also, uninstalling doesnt help me. I just end up reinstalling.

Wtf is this

Just uninstall CSGO then install Rules of Survival, you'll most likely addicted to RoS instead of CSGO

1 minute ago, Its Not Important said:

Wtf is this

Just uninstall then install Rules of Survival, you'll most likely addicted to RoS instead of CSGO

Trust me i tried the pc version...

Just now, CSGOaddict said:

Trust me i tried the pc version...

Lol its cool right? Literally the free version of PUBG 

4 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Any tips for stopping csgo?

My friend is also an addict. What worked for him was being too busy with work to even be on the computer. Also slow internet. When you can't play you don't.

I recommend DOTA or any game that requires thought over action. You'll feel better when a match is over. :)

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Lol its cool right? Literally the free version of PUBG 

In a way. Not enuf to get me off of cs tho :(

Pickup a programming language. Instead of screaming at your screen because you didn't get the skin you wanted you'll be screaming at your screen because after hours of work your application refuses to compile.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Been there. But mine was more along the lines of spending $1200 in 3 months on cases and getting basically nothing.

That's the definition of addiction all right.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Been there. But mine was more along the lines of spending $1200 in 3 months on cases and getting basically nothing.

Ive been there too. Along those same lines....

1 minute ago, Its Not Important said:

That's the definition of addiction all right.

Just now, CSGOaddict said:

Ive been there too. Along those same lines....

It was pretty bad. But I can't say I can complain too much. I opened probably 300-400 cases and got 3 knifes. I know people who've opened 1200+ cases and never gotten a knife.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

It was pretty bad. But I can't say I can complain too much. I opened probably 300-400 cases and got 3 knifes. I know people who've opened 1200+ cases and never gotten a knife.

Lol a knife you can't even actually use 

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

It sucks. Gambling is addicting. 

35 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Hi, 

Just trading CS:GO for another game seems like a bad idea, it doesn't actually address the reason why you get addicted in the first place. Personally, I would recommend doing a Google-search for actual, proper services that help you deal with addiction; they know their shit, they'll give more constructive, long-term advice. You may have a natural affinity for gambling-addiction and it's best to deal with it now, rather than one day when you lose your house and car and end up on the street. At least you recognize you have a problem, I'm just worried about the path you're trying to take to deal with it.

You also didn't mention how old you are, but you do mention school: if you still live with your parents, it would be a good idea to ask them to get you some help with your addiction.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

44 minutes ago, General Winter said:

isn't that H1Z1 too now since it went F2P

Yeah, but its suck on lower spec PC. Plus, its now filled with OP'd veterans lol

Im an addict too man, 5000 hours pretty much on csgo. Had to purposely swap games every 30 mins or so just to stop myself from sitting there, took a few weeks but i got off of it with that strat

2 hours ago, Cole5 said:

Stop playing it then

Some people are more prone to addictions than others ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addictive_personality ) and the thing with addictions is that they can even be completely impossible to shake without outside help. Going "Oh, just stop with it then!" just makes you look like a ignorant buffoon and it doesn't help anyone.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

Yeah dude, that's like the problem here. Addicted = can't stop.

then get a shrink

Take out your hard drive, your graphics card, and cpu.  

Put them into separate boxes and give each to a different individual to hold onto them somewhere that you don’t know. 

Buy the book “the social contract” or “the prince”

when you want to play cs go open the book and read it. Force yourself. 

Once you’ve read 15 pages of one of the books and if you’re still anxious to play, and it hurts you so-go outside and do “suicide” sprints back and fourth across your lawn.