New XBOX always online.

NapalmX

Dev release console are always connected. It's to avoid being sold.

I think Microsoft did this fiasco on purpose. They wanted to see the reaction. When the console will be out, it won't be always online.

Honestly, I could go on a rant here about how unbelievably stupid Microsoft are being with their handling of the Xbox platform nowadays. But I'll refrain...

Suffice it so say a lot of these rumours appear quite credible to me. I have no doubt whatsoever that Microsoft have been planning on making the next console online-always, though whether or not they are quite dumb enough to continue with it in the wake of the online backlash the idea has received is yet to be seen.

Bitterly disappointing. Would be nice if I was wrong, but I just can't see the next console being any good considering how much they have deteriorated the experience of the Xbox 360.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I will believe this when the console comes out, has this feature and then I won't buy it, I'll just upgrade my pc with the money I save, or build/buy a steam box

Why do they want to do this 'Always On' thing? It cant be to prevent piracy because there are thousands of flashed xbox's on xbox live right now?

I have a pretty solid internet connection but Microsoft seems to have a less stable one (hope they fix that if they're gonna do an Always On thingey):

XBOX LIVE Service

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

• Signing in to Xbox LIVE

4/13/2013 11:43:06 AM PDT:

We've been receiving reports of members having issues signing into Xbox LIVE. We are currently working as fast as we can to fix this issue. We will keep you posted with any new information we have every 30 minutes, so make sure to check back here soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I will believe this when the console comes out, has this feature and then I won't buy it, I'll just upgrade my pc with the money I save, or build/buy a steam box

My thoughts exactly. I await May 21st patiently, then will decide where best to invest the possible $500+/-

think about what happened to sony back in the day. They got shut down for 2 months i think and i went to single players games and if teh always online thing happens then what. The console is a paper weight

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1