Samsung galaxy s7 or Huawei Nova 2

Hi,

I'm looking for a phone and I found one with a subscription on a Belgian site. (I'm Belgian, and the site has an english option too so you can check it out ) ( https://www.proximus.be/en/personal.html ) Both the Samsung galaxy s7 and Huawei nova 2 are €109 + €5 for 2 years. I just want a fast phone with a decent camera. Wich one would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance

I'd go with the Huawei device. I owned an S7 since day 1 for over a year and a half and it's definitely not aged well performance wise. That is for the SD820 version so i'm guessing you will get the exynos version which is wayyy better. I got a chance to compare the 2 when I went to Europe last summer.

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

On paper and out of the box I'd say S7 but I agree with Gandek, my girlfriend got an S7 edge (SD820) when it came out and it crapped itself last year so she had to switch to a pixel 2xl. I've not had great luck with me or my friends getting Samsung phones that aged well. That being said I also had an honor 6x crap out on me after two weeks so I'm pretty sure the best method is still to get your own carrier pigeon?

Fellow person living in belgium, you can check https://www.orange.be/fr/ , they also have devices with subscription/on credit.

Otherwise I would take the Nova 2, but you should check out the P Smart too, also available from Proximus on subscription. It's 100e less. Main differences is Nova 2 has 20 mpx front camera vs 8mpx on the p smart, 1 gb of ram more (for the nova 2) and double the storage space. Other than that, not much. Bit more battery on the P smart, and android 8.0 out of the box. I don't know if nova 2 got an update though.

20 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

On paper and out of the box I'd say S7 but I agree with Gandek, my girlfriend got an S7 edge (SD820) when it came out and it crapped itself last year so she had to switch to a pixel 2xl. I've not had great luck with me or my friends getting Samsung phones that aged well. That being said I also had an honor 6x crap out on me after two weeks so I'm pretty sure the best method is still to get your own carrier pigeon?

Yep the fact that the U.S. primarily uses Qualcomn snapdragon chips on flagship devices really annoys me. I'm willing to bet that the S6 which rolled out worldwide with the exynos chip can outperform the S7 (SD820) for day to day tasks.

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

I dunno, I still have my S7E with the Snapdragon and its still as fast as it ever was.  In normal usage I can't really tell any speed difference between it and my Note 8.

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

16 hours ago, Gandek said:

Yep the fact that the U.S. primarily uses Qualcomn snapdragon chips on flagship devices really annoys me. I'm willing to bet that the S6 which rolled out worldwide with the exynos chip can outperform the S7 (SD820) for day to day tasks.

The gpu in the 820 is faster than the Exynos 8890, so there's that, not to mention completely smashing the S6. :P

A shame GPUs are about the onky thing Qualcomm does right.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…