Front collision damage Help

Leathal
17 hours ago, Leathal said:

Alright so we are looking at a 2010 ford focus FWD. It was in a frontal collision.
The car will turn on, however it wont move. I will pin the image I currently have. What are some of the things that could be wrong here. What are some of your guesses on a repair estimate. Currently the estimate given by a mechanic was 5000-6000$. Which is the price of buying a new one. ********. Lets stop this foul business practice of preying on ignorance. I will get more information on the vehicle later and post it as well. If you have questions that will help better identify the problem shoot away.  Thank you Internet. I know this isn't a car forum. But help comes in all shapes and sizes. This community has helped me before so lets see what we can do. :) 

Ford Focus 2010.jpg

Focus's cant take a hit. The frame could be bent and to be frank I wouldn't buy it. I look at serveral Focus's until I found mine. Most had bent frames that where straighten, which can be an issue. I was told by a Mechanic not to even take a car that had a bent frame.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Oh man don't even get me started on those places. Comes in for a simple oil change, comes out with a coolant flush, brake fluid flash, and transmission oil change added on.

none of which they did. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

33 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

none of which they did. 

So you do not have a backbone.

Ripe pickings!

its completely fucked

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

23 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Oh man don't even get me started on those places. Comes in for a simple oil change, comes out with a coolant flush, brake fluid flash, and transmission oil change added on.

Don't forget the blinker fluid. 

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

Just go buy a used diesel with that money. Now everyone is happy.

Diesel's have the downside of putting out a LOT of nitrous oxide, and soot. They're pretty bad for the environment.

A proper clean diesel engine requires things like a urea filter, which make them more expensive - so typically cheaper diesel vehicles don't have them.

I mean, that's part of the whole Dieselgate with VW. They couldn't make the cheaper engines clean enough without the filters. Further studies revealed that most diesel car manufacturers had similar problems.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Diesel's have the downside of putting out a LOT of nitrous oxide, and soot. They're pretty bad for the environment.

A proper clean diesel engine requires things like a urea filter, which make them more expensive - so typically cheaper diesel vehicles don't have them.

I mean, that's part of the whole Dieselgate with VW. They couldn't make the cheaper engines clean enough without the filters. Further studies revealed that most diesel car manufacturers had similar problems.

Ik, only to some degree though.

The geek himself.

5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Ik, only to some degree though.

They're still pretty bad - environmentally. The main benefit is simply the excellent mileage - and any decent gasoline-hybrid can generally get pretty close (or even better).

I know they're still very very popular in Europe, but hopefully that trend starts to change.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

Just go buy a used diesel with that money. Now everyone is happy.

VW is honest

Never buy a vehicle with front end damage. More than likely the frame has been fucked, and even if it's "straightened", most cars will never drive the same again. This would only be worth it if it were a rare car, like a Ferrari, and you were doing the body and frame work yourself. Then you can sell it to any idiot, even with the damage, for a healthy profit. These are a dime a dozen one with that much damage is worthless other than for parts.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

They're still pretty bad - environmentally. The main benefit is simply the excellent mileage - and any decent gasoline-hybrid can generally get pretty close (or even better).

I know they're still very very popular in Europe, but hopefully that trend starts to change.

Id add the benefits of easier city driving and "flexibility" because all of the torque is down low ...

And ya , you hope for that change . Not coming any time soon , at least with how things are now .

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

I just wanted to chime in.

My parents got into a rear end collision with their 2012 Suzuki SX4. It had substantial damage to the rear bumper where the SUV that hit them went through the crash bar and actually damaged part of the “D” Pillar.

In cases like your car where the “A” pillar might have significant damage due to shifting or bending from the collision, I’d suggest just writing off the car. Especially with that kind of damage. The issue is that though it can be repaired, your alignment could be off, and that’s something that probably won’t be as easy to fix in one go. In fact, it might never actually be fixed, and insuring a vehicle that has had substantial damage to the frame might be harder to reinsure if you go that route.

The one thing insurance companies think about is if the fix is worth the cost of the vehicle. My parents ended up getting $11,000 Canadian from their insurance company, despite their car having nearly 240,000+ KM on it. They only got that much because they babied the car, and now whoever it was auctioned off to has to pay to clear the title and do their own repairs.

In short: Cut your losses, buy another vehicle. Don’t try fixing something that your insurance will question. If you go that route and repair it and get into another accident, your insurance might not be obligated to pay anything out. They have all rights to inspect your vehicle before they agree to insure it for that matter.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

10 hours ago, Mr.Dingle said:

Id add the benefits of easier city driving and "flexibility" because all of the torque is down low ...

And ya , you hope for that change . Not coming any time soon , at least with how things are now .

Compared to a normal gasoline engine, sure. Though honestly I can’t see that making a big difference in city driving. 

But a hybrid uses the electric motor to augment acceleration, adding a bunch of torque. 

If price being equal between a comparable hybrid vs diesel, I’d choose the hybrid every time.