Just a little suggestion on $$$

I just wanna suggest to all other LTT Forum users to precise the use for CAD$ or USD$, cause just like i just saw, a guy getting a mobo (i think) and a ryzen7 for 200$ seems like, well get it asap :O, but IMO getting this deal for me at 200$USD if far less good than getting it at 200CAD$. Don't get me wrong, it is still a steal anyways.

Just precising that the rate from USD to CAD right now is 1.284 CAD$ for 1 USD$.

As of right now the ryzen 1700 is 355 CAD$ on newegg.ca, which in any way possible, is far less of a good deal than that 200CAD$ Ryzen 7 deal.

as of right now 200USD$ = 256CAD$, (+customs fees if applicable) there is my point!

Thanks a lot guys for reading this simple post :)

This would be better as a status update rather than a forum post. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

someone was too lazy to actually name their own currency, either the US or Canada (and i guess Australia too) whoever came 2nd :D

53 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

This would be better as a status update rather than a forum post. 

Eh, yes and no. This should lead to a discussion about why people refuse to list the country and currency in the Hot Deals forums, because so many time I see a deal listed and linked, only to find out it's USD from Amazon.com from a seller that doesn't even ship to Canada. It's not hard to format thread titles accordingly, as the rules in the Hot Deals forums state we should be doing anyway. But this does raise the point that we should be stating the currency whenever we quote pricing for things as it helps eliminate the whole issue where people assume someone's talking in CAD or USD when they're from Australia, for example.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

someone was too lazy to actually name their own currency, either the US or Canada (and i guess Australia too) whoever came 2nd :D

so far I know most countries that where British colonies use the dollar, hong-kong, Australia, New zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Canada and the USA(as mentioned above) the caiman islands, jamaica, zimbabwe and many more

I think it's just lack of inspiration from the colonizers to name currencies.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Don't worry. There are also people who just give price like "Is this good GPU for 300??". 300 of what? Bottle caps?

Not to mention the 'typical price' if something could vary by region, so even if you converted every price to say, USD, the that 'equivilent in USD' might be a deal in one region but not great at all in another region.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Bottle caps

*Fallout 4* 

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Don't worry. There are also people who just give price like "Is this good GPU for 300??". 300 of what? Bottle caps?

300-4f7830bfa4a27.png

Maybe he meant for watching movies?

You've got an interesting point, and I definitely agree with where you're coming from, however:

If someone doesn't name the currency they're using, then it's on them and there isn't really much to be done about it. Most people I see will specifically say that they're using British pounds, USD, CAD, Indian rupees, etc but occasionally there are some that don't.

In the threads where people ask how much something is worth, I make it a point to say that I'd pay x USD for it. I do that mainly to avoid confusion between currencies, say someone was selling something and wanted to know how much it was and got responses from people all in the US that didn't specify they'd buy it for that much in USD, when in fact the seller was in Japan or China where the exchange rate isn't more or less a direct conversion.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter, I definitely agree, it would be really nice if everyone specified their currency.

Something I have noticed, is that a lot of the newer users seem to do better about labeling currency(props to them).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!