Get Linus' Attention

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,
6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Aaand unless you pay Linus to get there, it will be nope. For company CEO and main host every day except holidays/weekends is for making money. So all the time they spend on travellling costs money. Unless they can pontentially make money off the trip or someone pays for the trip, its not worth it. While you see Linus doing short trips to NY or Seattle, those are either partially sponsored/paid (Amazon, Sennheiser, LG, BMW and so on) or its purely closed press conference to give heads up by AMD, Intel, Nvidia and likes.

Not always. The Amazon trip was not sponsored or paid in any way other than that we thought the video would perform well, so we figured it was worth the effort.

Edit: in response to the OP, it's probably not very likely. Just not really our topic focus right now. Otherwise u never know.

I am trying to get a hold of Linus to invite him to my Linux class' space launch, where we will be launching a Raspberry PI with various sensors to the upper stratosphere as a final class project mid May of 2018. The PI would be running an amateur radio HAT to transmit telemetry that we'll decode using Linux systems. We use a lot of LMG videos in our curriculum, and would love to host the star who inspired millions to explore the field of Information Technology.

*link removed*

Edited by wkdpaul

I'm currently planning our Build for my graduation project, we are going to build a hybrid fueled rocket, with an arduino. but the arduino is just there to please open the parachute. It may or may not be able of stratospheric flight, depends on the tank size and TWR

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

this is really cool. Linus doesnt check notifications but he does frequent the forum. 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

4 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

I'm currently planning our Build for my graduation project, we are going to build a hybrid fueled rocket, with an arduino. but the arduino is just there to please open the parachute. It may or may not be able of stratospheric flight, depends on the tank size and TWR

You hanging out with these guys? https://www.youtube.com/user/altimaxfresser/featured not many German high power groups that I know of. Getting above 12km is tough enough with solids, I hope you have experienced mentors, there's only one Tripoli club with just an email for contact info http://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures/mapID/3/hsid/2/shsc/True . Not often my other hobby (High power Rocketry) gets a mention here. I'm willing to help answer any questions you have but I have no Hybrid experience as solids are easy to get a hold of here and are far less complicated, I'm level 3 certified with Tripoli and NAR btw. 

1 minute ago, Kallahan11 said:

You hanging out with these guys? https://www.youtube.com/user/altimaxfresser/featured not many German high power groups that I know of. Getting above 12km is tough enough with solids, I hope you have experienced mentors, there's only one Tripoli club with just an email for contact info http://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures/mapID/3/hsid/2/shsc/True . Not often my other hobby (High power Rocketry) gets a mention here. I'm willing to help answer any questions you have but I have no Hybrid experience as solids are easy to get a hold of here and are far less complicated, I'm level 3 certified with Tripoli and NAR btw. 

Well, our solution is very scetchy and the stratospheric flight would only be possible if we put some engineering into it. As I'm the only one in my group that knows anything about rockets eh. Also it's our A-level project, I didn't study Aerospace engineering (I probably will). Our mentors are me and ballistic proof shields to cover. Tbh they have no idea what they are doing, or how that is working but they just do what i tell them to. So you can imagine, 3 17 year old guys, two know nothing about rockets, build a hybrid rocket featuring parafin wax and NO2 

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

Again, tbh we will just throw what we have on it as soons as we get some sponsors, otherwise we will stick to our current "pressure tank welding" solution, 

My Build Log: 

@LinusTech Also try contacting him through twitter

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

1 hour ago, GrandAdmiralThrawn said:

I would, if I had one

Takes a few seconds to make one. Even if you don't use it, it can be useful to have one these days, same with a facebook account. If only to log into some websites without having to create yet another account because they allow logins through facebook/twitter.

And lets face it, if you use that method to log into places, I would feel safer using a facebook/twitter login than my Google or Steam login.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, GrandAdmiralThrawn said:

I am trying to get a hold of Linus to invite him to my Linux class' space launch, where we will be launching a Raspberry PI with various sensors to the upper stratosphere as a final class project mid May of 2018. The PI would be running an amateur radio HAT to transmit telemetry that we'll decode using Linux systems. We use a lot of LMG videos in our curriculum, and would love to host the star who inspired millions to explore the field of Information Technology.

*link removed*

Where are you?

Linus can make time for it no doubt.

3 hours ago, GrandAdmiralThrawn said:

*link removed*

You could email info@linusmediagroup.com

Don't keep your hopes up. With Computex, LTX and new CPU launches going to be close to summertime, they have much going around. Also the fact to Linus isn't that into scientific part of tech world. They haven't done anything requiring much coding and stuff like that, and Linus is teams least knowledged when talking about anything more complicated than building basic workstation. I mean, he even uses outside export for server and networking gear.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Linus is teams least knowledged when talking about anything more complicated than building basic workstation.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

he even uses outside export for server and networking gear.

Yup thanks for pointing that out.

I am 188% positive, our great Lman will make time

Just remember, you can guarantee he will be late!

On 3/9/2018 at 1:38 PM, Canada EH said:

Where are you?

Linus can make time for it no doubt.

It is in Tooele, Utah. We'd probably be launching from Dougway though.

8 hours ago, GrandAdmiralThrawn said:

It is in Tooele, Utah. We'd probably be launching from Dougway though.

Aaand unless you pay Linus to get there, it will be nope. For company CEO and main host every day except holidays/weekends is for making money. So all the time they spend on travellling costs money. Unless they can pontentially make money off the trip or someone pays for the trip, its not worth it. While you see Linus doing short trips to NY or Seattle, those are either partially sponsored/paid (Amazon, Sennheiser, LG, BMW and so on) or its purely closed press conference to give heads up by AMD, Intel, Nvidia and likes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Not always. The Amazon trip was not sponsored or paid in any way other than that we thought the video would perform well, so we figured it was worth the effort.

Edit: in response to the OP, it's probably not very likely. Just not really our topic focus right now. Otherwise u never know.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:16 PM, thelordofwarr said:

Are you really Jay?

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

No, I'm his spirit you know.

No I'm not jay and I don't pretend so I just like his videos and I wanted a profile picture with sth that I like. My therapist always says:"be sure to look at things you like at least 2-3 times a day"

My Build Log: 

OP what about asking Everyday astronaut or EJ_SA if there schedules allow. Both have big space followers and would get your project out to those in aerospace.