No Signal after GPU cleaning

Hello

Today i decided to clean my PC. My GPU was extra dusty so i took it off for better cleaning and installed it back.

Since then i can't get any HDMI signal from GPU or iGPU

All 9 120mm Fans that get power from regulator are spinning,3 GPU fans are spinning(at min rpm after start burst), all led indicators works,both HDDs spin,optical drive works,MB have green LED on.

EDIT:I just cleaned air filters on the case, only extra thing i did was uninstalling the GPU, unscrewed 3 little fans, cleaned them, and cleaned dust from heatsink with compressed air(gently and i mean it) like i do since i got ATI HD5850 eight years ago. 

I did not touch CPU or CPU heatsink,I did not touch RAM,HDD,SDD,PSU - my main focus was GPU fans.

Asus P8Z77-V LX2

i7-3770

PSU Seasonic M12II-620W bronze

GTX970 GIGABYTE G3

16GB RAM

Windows 10 64bit

2 HDDs+1 SSD

What i tried so far:

Plugged the power cable off and holding power button for 30s

removed CMOS

removed GPU

tried iGPU

tried another monitor(TV) and HDMI cable

both monitor and TV show no signal from GPU/iGPU but works with other devices.

Please if you got any idea what to do then share it, i will do anything and things i already did. I really need my PC back :(

Does your monitor have a dvi port? try that if it has and you got a cable...sometimes dvi fixes everything

also try reseating your gpu, maybe it jsut isn't all the way in, it needs to click when you push it in the pcie slot, also maybe try it in another pcie port

Also tbh i can't find a i7-3777

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

Does your monitor have a dvi port? try that if it has and you got a cable...sometimes dvi fixes everything

also try reseating your gpu, maybe it jsut isn't all the way in, it needs to click when you push it in the pcie slot, also maybe try it in another pcie port

Also tbh i can't find a i7-3777

Monitor have only HDMI and VGA. GPU have no VGA

I reinstalled the GPU multiple times, with "click" and both 8pin+6pin cable in. Will try again anyway.

CPU is i7-3770 (non K) sorry

I'd unplug it from the motherboard and plug it back in. That's corrected no display output issues for me numerous times.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I'd unplug it from the motherboard and plug it back in. That's corrected no display output issues for me numerous times.

Done, still no HDMI signal 

Just now, NoSignalFrustration said:

Done, still no HDMI signal 

Did you remove the whole heatsink or did you just remove the plastic shroud? It's possible something got damaged during disassembly or reassembly.

10 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you remove the whole heatsink or did you just remove the plastic shroud? It's possible something got damaged during disassembly or reassembly.

unscrewed the 3 little fans, cleaned them, and cleaned the heatsink a little bit with compressed air (gently).

even if i damaged the GPU i still cant get any signal from iGPU when GPU is out.

Do you get any beeps? Do you have the motherboard speaker even connected? Do you have an LED panel or post lights on the board? Maybe they are giving you an error code. Without more information it is hard to give you possible fixes. From what you are telling me it doesn't sound GPU related at all now... now if your Igpu isn't working.

Did you also remove and dust the CPU block? Did the cpu pull out when you removed the block from the board?(this seems to be something that happens more often than you would think).  Anyways explain exactly what you cleaned, and how you cleaned it.

5 minutes ago, NoSignalFrustration said:

unscrewed the 3 little fans, cleaned them, and cleaned the heatsink a little bit with compressed air (gently).

even if i damaged the GPU i still cant get any signal from iGPU when GPU is out.

I really doubt this unless it was a manufacturing defect but if you blew a capacitor or the like off the board. You said gently so I'd doubt this. Did you try a different slot? Different computer? Does the iGPU work when the GPU isn't plugged in?

1 hour ago, NoSignalFrustration said:

Hello

Today i decided to clean my PC. My GPU was extra dusty so i took it off for better cleaning and installed it back.

Since then i can't get any HDMI signal from GPU or iGPU

All 9 120mm Fans that get power from regulator are spinning,3 GPU fans are spinning(at min rpm after start burst), all led indicators works,both HDDs spin,optical drive works,MB have green LED on.

Asus P8Z77-V LX2

i7-3770

PSU Seasonic M12II-620W bronze

GTX970 GIGABYTE G3

16GB RAM

Windows 10 64bit

2 HDDs+1 SSD

What i tried so far:

Plugged the power cable off and holding power button for 30s

removed CMOS

removed GPU

tried iGPU

tried another monitor(TV) and HDMI cable

both monitor and TV show no signal from GPU/iGPU but works with other devices.

Please if you got any idea what to do then share it, i will do anything and things i already did. I really need my PC back :(

Describe every little detail of what you did while cleaning it.

Did you also take off the CPU cooler and clean that too?

Like others have said, this doesn't look like it's GPU related if the integrated graphics on the CPU won't work either.

We need to figure out what else you might have done, so give us a really detailed rundown of exactly what you did.

19 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Do you get any beeps? Do you have the motherboard speaker even connected? Do you have an LED panel or post lights on the board? Maybe they are giving you an error code. Without more information it is hard to give you possible fixes. From what you are telling me it doesn't sound GPU related at all now... now if your Igpu isn't working.

Did you also remove and dust the CPU block? Did the cpu pull out when you removed the block from the board?(this seems to be something that happens more often than you would think).  Anyways explain exactly what you cleaned, and how you cleaned it.

Its cheap motherboard and i don't know about any speaker,the only LED on the MB is green one that lights up when MB gets power.

I did nothing with my cpu since i delidded it about 3 years ago,i applied new thermal paste about 1.5 years ago but cpu was still locked in. its cooled with NOCTUA NH-D14.

I just cleaned air filters on the case, only extra thing i did was uninstalling the GPU, unscrewed 3 little fans, cleaned them, and cleaned dust from heatsink with compressed air(gently and i mean it) like i do since i got ATI HD5850 eight years ago.

I did not touch CPU or CPU heatsink,I did not touch RAM,HDD,SDD,PSU - my main focus was GPU fans.

my guess since even iGPU dont work is something with MB/RAM/PSU

I would try disconnecting all of your connections to the motherboard and then making sure you push them back in securely. I would then check to make sure your ram is still securely in place.. maybe try remove a stick and see if anything happens. Check to make sure there are no shorts on things like USB ports or your backplate. Check to make sure nothing fell inside a pci-e slot. 

Just make sure all the connections are secure.

27 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I would try disconnecting all of your connections to the motherboard and then making sure you push them back in securely. I would then check to make sure your ram is still securely in place.. maybe try remove a stick and see if anything happens. Check to make sure there are no shorts on things like USB ports or your backplate. Check to make sure nothing fell inside a pci-e slot. 

Just make sure all the connections are secure.

I removed GPU, unplugged and plugged all cables, uninstalled both RAM modules and installed both back I SEE BIOS ! (HDMI plugged in MB)

The scree shows correct CPU,RAM , HDDs and SSD but screen is flickering with white lines appearing.

Will try another HDMI cable or monitor. 

EDIT: i installed GPU back plugged HDMI in GPU. BIOS no flickering so far.

15 minutes ago, NoSignalFrustration said:

I removed GPU, unplugged and plugged all cables, uninstalled both RAM modules and installed both back I SEE BIOS ! (HDMI plugged in MB)

The scree shows correct CPU,RAM , HDDs and SSD but screen is flickering with white lines appearing.

Will try another HDMI cable or monitor. 

Well that is at least a start

I am posting this from desktop, except for lost BIOS settings and emotional trauma  everything is normal and working again.

i have no idea what caused the problem but unplugging and plugging back all power cables + RAM sticks solved this problem.

Thanks  !

Thanks everyone !