Windows 10 media creation tool stuck

RoflWaffles02

I am attempting an upgrade of my PC to windows 10 because of the upcoming games only on the windows store.  I am using the media creation tool to upgrade, and it keeps getting stuck on "Getting things ready." I am not sure if it is supposed to take hours, if it is actually, or if something is messing with its operation in the background.  Any help is appreciated.  Updates specs of my machine are on my profile.

You should be doing a clean install not an upgrade if you want things to work correctly.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Are you upgrading from a Pro window 7 version I am not sure if the upgrade you are using is the correct one. 

just did a fast check, and you should be ok . 

The only thing, is that the free upgrade as ended. You will need a license. And do a clean install as suggested

6 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Just grab the ISO here: https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

Uh, no, he should get his OS using the official tool from microsoft, not some sketchy website with unofficial torrents and other BS.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Uh, no, he should get his OS using the official tool from microsoft, not some sketchy website with unofficial torrents and other BS.

If you follow that tool and look at where the ISO's are coming from, you'll see that they're actually from MS directly.

1 minute ago, Windspeed36 said:

If you follow that tool and look at where the ISO's are coming from, you'll see that they're actually from MS directly.

Sounds like a great way to get an MITM.

Spoiler

I would try to download again . Your download may be corrupted

1 minute ago, Windspeed36 said:

Yes, and the media creation tool also gets the data directly from MS, but not as a download through a browser and a random website.

What OP should be doing is a clean install, not an upgrade.

Windows is going to have issues anyway regardless of where he gets the OS from if he does an upgrade.

Spoiler