Gurgling sound from aio when starting up my pc

Recently I have noticed that when I start up my pc I can hear som gurgling noises thats most likely coming from my corsair h100i v2. The sound goes away after around 30 seconds after starting my pc. Should I be worried that something is wrong?

Just now, DeagleMaster69 said:

Recently i have noticed that when I start up my pc i can hear som gurgling noises thats most likly coming from my corsair h100i v2. The sound goes away after around 30 seconds after starting my pc. Should I be worried that something is wrong?

Sounds like some air bubbles making their way into the pump not really a huge deal. The air pocket should make it's way around into the rad. 

Just now, W-L said:

Sounds like some air bubbles making their way into the pump not really a huge deal. The air pocket should make it's way around into the rad. 

But the sound comes allmost every time I start my system. Won't it damage the pump or something?

But the sound comes allmost every time I start my system. Won't it damage the pump or something?

It's won't be an issue, if you have your rad oriented higher up than the pump that can help prevent the air pocket from making it's way back to the pump as easily. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

It's won't be an issue, if you have your rad oriented higher up than the pump that can help prevent the air pocket from making it's way back to the pump as easily. 

So even if the sound comes every time I start the system it won't be an issue?

1 minute ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

So even if the sound comes every time I start the system it won't be an issue?

As said no, all AIO's will have some air space in them from filling, there are ways to alleviate it if you want to prevent that from occurring. 

13 minutes ago, W-L said:

As said no, all AIO's will have some air space in them from filling, there are ways to alleviate it if you want to prevent that from occurring. 

Ok. The ting is that i can't quit pinpoint where on the aio the sound is coming from. I think it is the base.

3 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Ok. The ting is that i can't quit pinpoint where on the aio the sound is coming from. I think it is the base.

Take a photo of your setup we can better determine what we are working with. 

50 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

just never turn off your system

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

yeah. Invest in a UPS and keep your system on 24/7. I do, it means you can use a shitty hdd for a boot drive and not have to worry about boot times!

50 minutes ago, W-L said:

Take a photo of your setup we can better determine what we are working with. 

15202075200001429640324.jpg

Nice

15202075200001429640324.jpg

Nice looking system. Maybe work on the cable management near the GPU.

-SNIP-

That would be the best option to have it with the rad high up. Everything looks alright to me.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

That would be the best option to have it with the rad high up. Everything looks alright to me.

So I shouldn't worry that the pump will become damaged?

So I shouldn't worry that the pump will become damaged?

If you want you can open a ticket with Corsair but if it's just air passing through it's not a problem as said already 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you want you can open a ticket with Corsair but if it's just air passing through it's not a problem as said already 

And this can be why it stopps after a while and starts again when the system starts?

And this can be why it stopps after a while and starts again when the system starts?

Essentially the air pocket is making it's way back to the pump from your description of the gurgling sound. If you try varying the RPM of the pump do you get a noise similar to that, if so it may be an issue with the pump itself. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Essentially the air pocket is making it's way back to the pump from your description of the gurgling sound. If you try varying the RPM of the pump do you get a noise similar to that, if so it may be an issue with the pump itself. 

Yes I do. If it's an issue with the pump itself should I worry?

56 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Yes I do. If it's an issue with the pump itself should I worry?

If it's a problem with the pump motor itself I would look into getting an RMA. 

id look into shimming the front of the radiator assembly with two washers between the chassis and the radiator.

this will cant the air towards the rear of the radiator to prevent cavitation.

you could even put small shims under the rear case feet to try without a lot of work.

the idea is to shift the coolant to the front of the case and the air to the rear. if the issue still exists, then possible permeation (low coolant) has occurred. seek a support ticket from corsair for RMA replacement.

5 hours ago, W-L said:

If it's a problem with the pump motor itself I would look into getting an RMA. 

But the sound goes away when I runn the pump in 1800 rpm mode. Do you think the pump will survive? My temps are normal. The only thing thats wierd is that my temps can chang quit fast, do you think this is because of the pump?

7 hours ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

But the sound goes away when I runn the pump in 1800 rpm mode. Do you think the pump will survive? My temps are normal. The only thing thats wierd is that my temps can chang quit fast, do you think this is because of the pump?

Does it always stay though if you run lower than 1800 RPM? 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Does it always stay though if you run lower than 1800 RPM? 

The sound is only there when i boot uo the pc and when I set the pump to performance mode (about 2800 rpm) in corsair link The sound goes away when I set the pump to quiet mode (about 1800 rpm). I can't run the pump lower than quiet mode, maybe I can if i change some things in the bios but I dont want to mess with that.

15 hours ago, W-L said:

Depending on the age of the AIO... it shouldn't be getting these air pockets outside of initial setup. If he is getting it as often as stated then the issue could be with the pump itself, he could have a small leak some where in the system, or the system shipped with too much air in the loop.

Air in the loop isn't a good thing, and while it can't always be prevented in a CLC AIO, it also shouldn't be this present.. it should migrate to the highest point in his loop which would be his rad... the air shouldn't be getting pushed back down or somehow making its way when off back to the pump... at least now with how he has the system currently setup.