Should I buy 8th gen i7 now(march) or wait for Ryzen-2 release?

I am planning to buy a new pc within a few days.Here is my component list with intel core i7 8700k processor:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VMzRBb  

Now should I wait till april for the new Ryzen2 release ? would that reduce intel cpu prices?

I want to use the pc mostly for software developments and using some tools such as Visual Studio, JetBrains tools, Android Studio, MATLAB etc and little light gaming.

I need some advice.My budget is around 1300 USD. Thank in Advance.:)

Ryzen has more cores for more multitasking and virtual simulations, intel has less cores but is slightly faster, so better for gaming.

I would say for your current job ryzen is better.

Prices might be a bit lower from intel if the ryzen 2 prices are pretty low but you cant be sure. The problem with waiting for hardware is that you can never be sure whats its going to be like price-wise. Personally I would get  the i7 because while there is a boost with ryzen when working with multitasking and media production and editing, its not that much of a boost.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

if all you do is gaming, get a 8600(k) or 8700(k). will almost definantly perform better in games, unless games are suddenly optimized for more than 6 (hyperthreaded) cores

Ryzen 7 2700/2800 lineup is looking like a really weak tock to last year's launch.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Ryzen 2 (Like i've been saying from DAY 1) is an incremental improvement, all that will come from it is higher clocks, those clocks still won't compare to Intel clockspeeds, so for gaming performance the Intel win win, but the Ryzen's especially the 8 Core models will continue to spank Intel in other CPU intensive things that scale well with more cores.

Side Note: If you are an existing Ryzen Owner there is no reason to upgrade, the clockspeed bump won't be more then a couple 100 Mhz, so no reason for R7 owners to upgrade and R5 and R3 owners can upgrade to the now cheaper first gen R7's or the used ones being sold by the fanboys that upgrade everytime an upgrade is available.

Program development tools are mostly single or very lightly threaded. So they will do better on Intel cpu.

Fast storage is important in development environments. I would suggest a larger SATA III ssd instead of an NVMe drive. This will allow for more on the ssd. The loss of performance will not really be noticeable.

I couldn't find the height of Geil Super Luce modules, but they look to be taller than 35mm. You might want to consider a low profile memory kit or a cpu cooler that doesn't overhang memory slots.

PCPartPicker.com reports that based on manufacturers' specs the maximum possible power draw of the build is under 300W. 750W is simply too much capacity. I would suggest saving a bit and getting a superior psu like SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 550 Gold.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 hours ago, brob said:

Program development tools are mostly single or very lightly threaded. So they will do better on Intel cpu.

Fast storage is important in development environments. I would suggest a larger SATA III ssd instead of an NVMe drive. This will allow for more on the ssd. The loss of performance will not really be noticeable.

I couldn't find the height of Geil Super Luce modules, but they look to be taller than 35mm. You might want to consider a low profile memory kit or a cpu cooler that doesn't overhang memory slots.

PCPartPicker.com reports that based on manufacturers' specs the maximum possible power draw of the build is under 300W. 750W is simply too much capacity. I would suggest saving a bit and getting a superior psu like SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 550 Gold.

I might buy a  gtx 1070 ti (if the price falls :P) or something like that later. That's why considering a 750.  Instead geil ram I can take G skill trident z RGB. But are these ram going to make problem with Cryorig H5 ultimate?

37 minutes ago, sony7 said:

I might buy a  gtx 1070 ti (if the price falls :P) or something like that later. That's why considering a 750.  Instead geil ram I can take G skill trident z RGB. But are these ram going to make problem with Cryorig H5 ultimate?

Yes. The Cryorig H5 Ultimate has 30mm - 35mm under the fan. Instead of the H5 Ultimate, why not get the H5 Universal? It has no memory area overhang so you can use modules of any height.

8 hours ago, sony7 said:

Now should I wait till april for the new Ryzen2 release ? would that reduce intel cpu prices?

Probably not. The old "wait for Zen" made sense because it implied a substantial change in the CPU landscape, and there were good chances that Ryzen was the better option for many, and that Intel prices would fall and benefit those for whom it wasn't. Both things ended up happening, Ryzen sold well and Intel substantially revised their lineup.

Ryzen2 (or Ryzen+, or whatever they are calling the upcoming 2xxx) is not expected to bring any dramatic change to the market. If you are better off with Ryzen, it will just mean a slight improvement , whereas if you are leaning to the Intel side then current prices already reflect the competition from AMD.

Bottom line: it could make sense to wait if you were set on the AM4 platform, only because launch date is supposed to be close, but maybe not even. It probably does not make sense to wait if you are planning an Intel build, crystal ball expects it to make no difference :P 

8 hours ago, brob said:

3 hours ago, sony7 said:

and in the mean time the larger PSU allows for a basically passively cooled PSU as unless it simply reaches a higher enough temp the fan won't run, this is why I don't mind paying the extra 10-20 bucks for a higher wattage unit, i've actually got an RM850x powering a R5 1600 and dual 1080ti's and when on my Ethereum mining profile the power draw is so low the PSU doesn't run and I can lower my GPU fans down to sub 50% (on the founders cards) making them very quiet and stay under 60c.

31 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

and in the mean time the larger PSU allows for a basically passively cooled PSU as unless it simply reaches a higher enough temp the fan won't run, this is why I don't mind paying the extra 10-20 bucks for a higher wattage unit, i've actually got an RM850x powering a R5 1600 and dual 1080ti's and when on my Ethereum mining profile the power draw is so low the PSU doesn't run and I can lower my GPU fans down to sub 50% (on the founders cards) making them very quiet and stay under 60c.

I don't see how psu fan speeds affect the cooling needs of a gpu.. 

When a substantially  over required capacity psu is used one should keep in mind that the unit will run less efficiently. A relatively minor point, unless electricity is fairly expensive. 

1 minute ago, brob said:

I don't see how psu fan speeds affect the cooling needs of a gpu.. 

When a substantially  over required capacity psu is used one should keep in mind that the unit will run less efficiently. A relatively minor point, unless electricity is fairly expensive. 

the PSU fan speed doesn't effect the cooling needs of the GPU's, the reduced cooling needs of the GPU was a result of lowering the power limit on the GPU's, one of the other effects of the reduced power limit on the GPU's was the decreased power draw allowing the PSU to run fanless most of the time (it will occasionally cycle on at low RPM).

also double your "gaming draw", is a good point to be at PSU wise IMO, because that is typically where the most efficient point in the efficiency curve is, also it gives you room for potential later expansions like adding a second GPU.